Obesity Encouraged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obesity Encouraged?

Female Obesity Encouraged in Black Society?

Listen Now add to playlist

Tell Me More, Obesity in America is a problem across the racial spectrum. But columnist Debra Dickerson suggests that African-American women are more inclined to be overweight because African-American men prefer them to be so. Dickerson defends her argument and is joined by a blogger who disagrees in this week's Behind Closed Door

For women, the black (non-Hispanic) population has the highest prevalence of overweight (78 percent) and obesity (50.8 percent). Give this a few years, and yuh soon start seeing black women so coming to very rates of diabetes, stroke, high blood pressure & cancer.
    ---

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

this is ridiculous... that is another fallacy being heaped on the black male... meat pon bone different from fat and obese...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
      this is ridiculous... that is another fallacy being heaped on the black male... meat pon bone different from fat and obese...
      Baddaz - yuh mean mean pon bone different from SLABBYNESS & JOWL.

How these damn educated people can spin so much foolishness, only Lord knows bout them and them theories. Which woman in dem right mine would be Obese just to keep a man - man who a go tun round and check out the slim chicks
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
        How these damn educated people can spin so much foolishness, only Lord knows bout them and them theories. Which woman in dem right mine would be Obese just to keep a man
        i dont know bout dem... nuh mek nuh sense to me... an mi really want fi know a which man dem dem a use fi come tuh dem general conclusions deh...
        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
        X