RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK..it is GUNNERS 1 but it is not over...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK..it is GUNNERS 1 but it is not over...

...as Liverpool's pacy players are serious threat. Then there is Suarez?

-------

..but it interesting to see Wenger starting pacier players in some areas. GOOD!

He has kept Wilshire on bench.
    GOOD!

He has our only pure striker, PODOLSKI, on the field.
    GOOD!

-------

3 more GUNNERS goal before comfort as Liverpool has pace...and there is no sure-fire way of preventing a speedy forward in on goal when you have a Gerard, Suarez and a Coutinho to feed 'killer passes' between the back-line or over the top.

Having said that the same could be done by Arsenal. Unfortunately for my GUNNERS only Ozil and Ramsey has consistently feed such passes through.

btw - One thing my GUUNERS has to do - Haven't looked at the team sheet - Jack Wilshire must never see the field. He makes too many plays for the opposing TEAM and a Liverpool (& ManCity and lesser extent Chelsea) kills off such boneheaded plays.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Don't know bout X, Marin, R or the other YNWA fans, but I am very pleased with how Liverpool is playing. If they lose playing like this...it's not too bad. Work in progress for this very challenged team, at least in some key positions.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Arse has invested his transfer money in the refs.......cant help him.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Well Liverpool has gotten multiple chances to have tied it...and Santi Cazorla got the chance to kill the game and threw it away.

This Liverpool TEAM can win the EPL.
        Liverpool's match against Chelsea may well decide the EPL.
        Last edited by Karl; February 16, 2014, 01:46 PM.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

...so it is 2 - 1 to my GUNNERS and Liverpool players are

tired...time has been added...3 minutes left but 1 more goal will have me able to exhale!

Liverpool is so dangerous.

Matters not how it finishes - STANDING OVATION FOR THE TEAMs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            tired...time has been added...3 minutes left but 1 more goal will have me able to exhale!

Liverpool is so dangerous.

Matters not how it finishes - STANDING OVATION FOR THE TEAMs!!!
            And a standing ovation for Howard Webb too!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

...so why not blame the player - Sturridge, in particular - for failing to take the chances?

Yup! Webb made some 'big calls'...

Comment

He took his chances but your goalie came up big on many, if not all of them! They all had good shots on goal, but unnu goalie was on point!

But should it matter whether or not he was taking his chances?!?! Penalty a penalty, especially when Webb could not have been closer!!!!! If he can't see that and make a call, then...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Agreed!

btw - What about Webb not sending Gerrard off?
                  If Gerrard had gone that would have swung the game to my GUNNERS in a big way.

Comment

Like a chain,your team being strong depends on the weakest link,not all the players were committed today.
                    Overall improvement but Wenger has some work to do.

Comment

Send him off for what? Sliding for the ball and having the Arsenal player trip over his body? Ok, perhaps! But for me, it was not a yellow card foul, hardly even a foul that would deserve a talking to!

But the score could have been 2 already and with Liverpool playing the way they were...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        Don't know bout X, Marin, R or the other YNWA fans, but I am very pleased with how Liverpool is playing. If they lose playing like this...it's not too bad. Work in progress for this very challenged team, at least in some key positions.
                        The team is playing great. We need a few new signings though. The second goal showed how totally useless Flnanagan is as a player - he simply does not play with enough awareness for my money, is too slow and can't cross the ball. He is a good passer of the ball though, which is his only merit as I see it. Otherwise, we need a big center back and another central midfielder that can command the game (like Yaya). Great progress. No one can say the youth coach hasn't done a great job - the team is playing very attractive football and can beat ANYONE on their day. Sturridge was way off his game today (doesn't work hard enough for my money) and of course, Suarez was just an incredible engine...what a work rate!!
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          Send him off for what? Sliding for the ball and having the Arsenal player trip over his body? Ok, perhaps! But for me, it was not a yellow card foul, hardly even a foul that would deserve a talking to!

But the score could have been 2 already and with Liverpool playing the way they were...
                          That is the way they call it 'now-a-days'!
                          Webb had given cautions previously for similar offence. If he was being consistent Gerrard would have gotten his second.

...but the fact is Webb had a 'not good' game and that call along with others including the 'missed penalty call' merely highlighted his inconsistent display.

Comment

Well, perhaps, having realised he screwed up with the no-call, he said to himself there was no way he could send off Gerrard.

The other thing to remember is, when a player is already on a yellow, many referees tend to be careful how they go for another card for that same player. Again, for me, it was not a yellow card offense because I thought Gerrard made an honest attempt for the ball. Had he done so and clipped the players foot, then yes, yellow! But he never kicked the player. I think blocking the path of the player after an honest attempt at a sliding tackle is just not that grievous!

But I will say this, I would have felt much better if we had won that second penalty and Gerrard got sent off.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                              Like a chain,your team being strong depends on the weakest link,not all the players were committed today.
                              Overall improvement but Wenger has some work to do.
                              Agreed!
                              ...and Santi Cazorla and Giroud proved once again that they are not up to snuff...

...having said the above I expect Santi Cazorla to preform well against Bayern Munich. That team, I think, shall give my GUNNERS more time on the ball and thus friend Cazorla shall be able to do his 'double and triple tip-toes' dance steps along with his pirouettes before passing!!!!

Giroud?
                              Could score but shall muck-up many a GUNNERS attack!!! ...i.e. he shall perform poorly once again and his fans shall only see the goal he scored or assisted on and not the many times he destroyed his TEAM's attacks, killed goal-scoring opportunities, was beaten to the ball as he engaged in snail-like movements (move to where ball comes towards him or gives his imitation of attempts at running fast).

Hope Wenger gives his only pure striker, Podolski, a full 90 minutes. why he keeps pulling the player on or around the 70 minute mark in every game Podolski starts is a mystery. Podolski needs playing time to 'work himself into the TEAM'.

btw - Although very often our Yaya (Yaya Sanogo) lost the ball often, had too many poor touches and had a few hilarious and key miss-kicks, I think he is a top player in the making. I hope Wenger gives him many run-abouts in our remaining matches.

It was important for us that 1st goal and our Yaya was a big part of it!!!! Great touch getting the pass from Ozil down...and took excellent strike...which caromed off a Liverpool player...to The Ox, who buried same.
                              Last edited by Karl; February 17, 2014, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X