RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ten points alone not going to make the cut!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten points alone not going to make the cut!

Loss last night was a bad blow we needed that one point. We need to win last two matches outright! Must beat guat in guat.take out ant otherwise putting our fate in the hands of others. We are literally set up to be in the same place we were last qualifying round pre hex, three teams on ten points and gd being the deciding factor!

True Stony. The problem is we are always depending on the outcomes of games not involving us. If so and so beat so and so, and so and so draw with so and so then we go through on GD. Can a team not known for scoring goals go through on GD?. I hardly think so. Hope I am wrong, but all I can say is that I have not seen Jamaica play a good game since 1998. Happy for any wins, but not impressed.

Comment

Reggaedoc. Don't worry with the doom and gloom scenario. Guatemala are the ones who need to beat us with their last match away in the US.
      Dependence won't be needed from the US because the Reggae Boyz will easily get the 3 points in Guatemala and the last 3 points at home in "The OFFice" against Antigua & Barbuda.
      So the worst case scenario is for Guatemala. Not the Reggae Boyz.

Comment

People start realize now? We have to take at least a point in our next match. I still don't get it how yuh drop 2 points to Antigua? We should be sitting on 9 points right now with Antigua to play at home.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yep, that game mess things up. The JFF need to treat the Antiguan players as good as possible.

Comment

Ja, I am hoping and praying that you are right. If we can get to the hex, then maybe we willmhave some breathing room to recruit more skillful players for the team going forward. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Laz, like the commentator said last night, at this level there is no easy game. This is not Manning or D cup. Every team has a chance. No team is going in with the intention of surrendering. It is war, and the dangerous teams are the so called minnows, because they have more to prove. They are then ones who will ambush us.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                Yep, that game mess things up. The JFF need to treat the Antiguan players as good as possible.
                But that nuh solve the problem Me. If we lose to Guatemala they and the USA will be on 10 points, while we're stuck on 7. Beating Antigua puts us on 10, all the other 2 teams have to do is tie and they both go thru.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I assuming we are getting at least a point from Guatemala. The team has to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
                    Laz, like the commentator said last night, at this level there is no easy game. This is not Manning or D cup. Every team has a chance. No team is going in with the intention of surrendering. It is war, and the dangerous teams are the so called minnows, because they have more to prove. They are then ones who will ambush us.
                    Everybody else get 6 points off a Antigua. Memba dat. All we needed to do is score 1 goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                      I assuming we are getting at least a point from Guatemala. The team has to do it.
                      Ok!

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                        Loss last night was a bad blow we needed that one point. We need to win last two matches outright! Must beat guat in guat.take out ant otherwise putting our fate in the hands of others. We are literally set up to be in the same place we were last qualifying round pre hex, three teams on ten points and gd being the deciding factor!
                        We should go in with the intent of getting wins, but 11 points will see us through.

Comment

I saw both Antigua & Barbuda vs Guatemala games. We will get the 3 points from Guatemala again.
                          Another thing. US fans are not exactly jumping head over heels after their team's performance. Forumites should read comments on several websites.

Comment

That is being positive! ...sorry based on our performances to date I do not see 'easy wins' in our immediate future!!!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

game is played on the field ..... nothing will be given to us..

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X