Paul campbell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul campbell

I few years ago when he was in the program all the goalies that took part looked the part from Ricketts, Whittacker, Ryan Thompson etc. This was because of the work on his part. He identified the talent and work with them giving them a program to follow. Identified their weakness and found solution. He just didn't wait until they came to the national level.

Now none of the youth goalies look ready. This program that Paul set in place is also a program we need for our footballer. We can't just choose players because them big and strong and can dribble. We have to identify their weakness long before tourament time and work with them.

That is why I like the US Olympic Development Program. The regional best are selected and train togather. They identify player's weakness and work with them and use the same system so when they come to the national level they know the system and is not surprised.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Bingo! Big talk dat. In addition, I would also add that we need to recruit qualified outside teachers/coaches if we can't find them at the local level.
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

No doubt about it. We need good teachers. We act like that is the hardest thing to do but we can have seminars with the regional teams instead of a few.

The truth is we have no standards in Jamaican football and the standard of success at the youth level is how much DCup and Manning cup title you have or how many interzone you go. Sad... Not how many quality players you produce and the improvement.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Ah yout goalie dem gi dem some time nuh. Ah dat wi waan dem born wid excellence ah dat nah guh happen.

Comment

Brethren we need fi prepare the youths better. Talent alone nah go cut it.
          Again look on all the youth goalie them under Paul Campbell and you will see they are more composed and now even 4 are professional. All 4 professional including Ricketts, Miller, and Thompson all worked extensively with Paul.

We can't expect 2 weeks a training to get our teams ready.

Comment

More composed after years ah experience right, dem nevah any bettah when dem start neighdah. Prepare, prepare, di man dem ah try how about dat. Rome nevah built inna day, now wi ah guh kill di man dem kah dem guh a Brasil fi two weeks an lose ah match. Ah can imagine if di under 17 dem did guh di said way, wi wouldah crucify di man dem, wi always looking fi clues fi start rant an rave an seh mi did tell yuh, ah jus suh wi stay.

Comment

Who you a say mi did tell you?????

the fact is the goalies standard has dropped off bad since Paul left. I have not seen one of the goalies coming through the ranks look halfway good neither in under 17 or under 20. You see any that looked half decent as Ryan Thompson, Alien Whittacker, or Miller? Just half as good. Tell me.

That is simple because the program he had to take them to the national level is no longer there. They only work with the youths when them go to the national program. That is simple not enough.

Comment

Goalie standard drop off how yuh measure dat one?? Mi nuh si none ah di U17/20 keepah mek nuh blatant error.

Comment

you need fi look again

Comment

Is kyaan si mi kyaan si or a nahsi mi nahsi??

Comment

Funny i watched the gK of the u17 and saw of players taking the gk goal kicks. That is coaching. if i did that a youth level i would be rebuke by head coach for doing that.

Comment

which blatant error di u17 keepah mek?, membah keep word blatant

Comment

myYout, would you say that you are satisfied with the level of play from the overall team, from goalkeeper to forwards?
                          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Mi nevah didah argue bout no overall team, yuh out fi lead man trait inna ambush. Is di goal keepah dem mi really ah deal wid, Di U20 lose an ah nevah di keepah fault fi sure. Di U17 qualify an mi nevah si nuh glaring errors from di keepah. Mistake always a guh mek, suh if a mistake warrant mi breddrin ah seh di keepah dem nuh good an all dat mi nah support it fi tell yuh di truut. Di ting is dere is no game weh play from National to yout dat wi satisfied, kah wi ah try fi reach dat high level; an it ah guh tek wi ah very long time fi reach dem levels weh wi waan achieve, membah.

Comment

you nah lead a man inna ambush? Why blatant must be the key?????
                              The fact is the standard drop. A forward ever and backward never. Brethren most of the time I don't criticise but this is the worst I have seen a side played in a loong time.

Comment

Working...
                              X