the state of jamaica football can only be blamed on one man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the state of jamaica football can only be blamed on one man

creston boxhill... clearly out of his element... he should be banned from ever considering any football post in jamaica...

given the jff was in debt when he assumed leadership, that does not excuse him for not finding a way to reduce the debt and have the program operational...

the captain had to make a tough decision to suspend the female program but a decision had to be made... the senior team has to start generating revenues to sustain the other programs... boxhill clearly lost sight of that fact...

good move by the captain to bring back rene simoes... rene is the right man for the job at hand at this time, given the situation that boxhill has placed us... what's up sickko, yuh like de patriots ...

after wc2010 jawge gwine be the leader for the rene simoes statue foundation...

sometimes wi juss nuh know weh wi have... wi have fi lose it before we realise...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Baddaz, I agree with you, but some of the blame has to go on the shoulder of those that continued to give him a vote of confidence. They they had done the right thing when the vote of confidence was being conducted, we wouldn't have been in this hole.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

As much as I was not for the recycling of Simoes, I would accept him with open arms, especially when you consider the situation. Simoes has worked with the program for almost 6 years and that should count for something. He and the Captain work well together and that is good.

I say welcome aboard Rene!

BTW, I agree wid yuh Baddaz on Boxhill. People do not like Burrell's style of management, but you have to realize that leadership is not about democracy. When critical decisions have to be made, you want the man who can stand up and make the call and stand by such decision. Instead, we had Boxhill who would form a committee to make a decision on everything. Down to forming the committee, he had a committee for that.
      We can do better than that.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
        Down to forming the committee, he had a committee for that.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

How much will the JFF pay Simoes? If Simoes have broader responsibilities, do u think he should be paid more than Bora, regardless if u think Bora's salary was too high. I hope the captain resolve any issues with Bora's payment b4 him go sign another coach, this sound like Anacy Story.
          Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
          Mitty

Comment

I trust Burrell is doing the right thing, lets just sit back wand watch it unfold. I think he has this thing all planned out already.
            President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

So wait a one person alone run organisations now? Who were the people behind Boxhill who put him in power and who were the people who made up his committee's.

The bottom line is that we lack vision and those who have it are too far away and too scared to step up and ask not what their country can do for them but what they can do for their country.

Sometimes we have to cry out in a loud voice to be heard and we haven't so if we haven't done our part to help Jamaican football or if we haven't done what we can to the best of our ability have we earned the right to be critical?

After all aren't we just like the JFF, all talk and no action.

I mean seriously now, for the last 10 years we have been talking and nothing have come out of it so when are we going to show by our actions what can be done? When are we going to lead out?

If we aren't prepared to back up our talks about what can be done then why talk especially when Gamma done tell we say by his deeds will a man be known.

Chief Servant of the streets(still on a quest to understand what they did to us during slavery as I plot my exit strategy from this plantation)

respect

Comment

shatta you are something else.. you were one of the biggest boxhill backers and when people told you to slow down you seh dem a fight.

Comment

thats more like it shatta. what about patrick and mclean and all of them. What about balla and dem who look the other way..

Comment

Of course I backed Boxhill and in fact I backed anyone to take over from the Captain and I would do it again if given the chance.

It was while in Exile that the captain went to Africa and sat at the feet of the elders who let him know in no uncertain terms what the reggaeboyz in particular and Jamaica in general meant to them.

You have to step out of the forest to see the trees.

Burrell was void of ideas and lacking in vision and the time away did him well just like my time away from the streets with my daughter is allowing me to think.

Sometimes you have to slow down and think as you will find yourself doing the same thing over and over again as time pass you by.

I don't hide and talk big man I say it and stand behind it. Boxhill and his committe lacked vision and so remove them.

Now having known all that why go back to square one? Football is larger than any one man and mi nah tek back mi talk

Now Shatta also said that Jamaica was a brand(had to throw that in as a powerhouse reminder of who walked in your midst)

Just in case some man a try go round mi thing and mi no want fi have fi run out pon dem so mi just a throw out mi warning

respect

Comment

Big-Time chat that ShattaCleve; I concur 100%.

Not because a man backed a change in 2003, that does not mean he should not re-evaluate his stance 4 years later and make a rational decision/choice. Back then the program was stagnant with Burrell at the control. The vast majoriity called for a change, especially given that the Captain was displaying a huge amount of arrogance. On the spot came Boxhill with his manifesto of major changes and bright ideas. Many backed Boxhill to take the program forward. That the Boxhill administration has failed, is not 20/20 vision but instead an indepth look at how not to do things.

The past four years gave Mr Burrell time to reflect, review, brainstorm and rejuvinate himself for a second tenure. While a leopard cannot change his spots, he can at least lick his wounds healed and re-strategise.

Like you, I certainly was one who backed Mr Boxhill but now it's time to move forward. As they say: the only thing permanent is change. So if 4 years later Mr Burrell appears to have lost what it takes to carry us upward and forward, I would have no problem calling for him to go. In the meantime, I say welcome back Captain and good luck in your new challenges.
                      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

all right no problem here. I am just saying that it just boxhill alone, no one is pointing the finger at the other incompetents.

Comment

Call it a culture of personality...they think Burrell is god and is the only person who can run the JFF.

Wonder what will happen when he decides for whatever reason to step aside?
                          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                            Call it a culture of personality...they think Burrell is god and is the only person who can run the JFF.

Wonder what will happen when he decides for whatever reason to step aside?
                            Other than Burrell, who else made themselves available?
                            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Trust me big man it was easy to see Burrell had reached to a point where he was treading water as he had run out of idea and kept going back to the Brazillian well even when that source was tapped out.

But given the tenure of Boxhill, he will look like th best thing since sliced bread.
                              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X