X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourism and Technology

all sourced and ready for them.
    X you can fact check if you like.

Let me start by saying Travel has always called for newer technology, whether from Canoe days or from Donkey days.
    OK let us look at one of the first automated system and computer networking system
    https://airlinegeeks.com/2016/08/16/...brief-history/
    The only other one which was maybe more sophisticated was the one used by the US government. I can remember when Travel agents use to use this Sabre system and had to pay American Airline or another which I can’t remember the name. So when you went up a New Kingston and book your one way ticket you may not remember the technology.

Second is as you see the shutdown of World travel you realize how much farmers, manufacturers and producer of goods are dependent on people travelling. This I am talking about basic goods here. Here is the effect on food and beverage which is a large part of the travel industry.
    https://news.yahoo.com/impact-covid-...124500606.html

Let us look at the car industry and you will see companies like Hertz filing bankruptcy. The rent a car business which is one of the major buyers of car will not be doing a lot of buying and will flood the market. Now that will result in delayed technology and layoff of a lot of engineers and other workers. Rent a car industry has been one of the biggest support of car technology
    https://www.aol.com/18-reasons-car-b...231206761.html

This is the effect on the aero industry. Again the travel industry is the number 1 supporter of aero technology as it purchase more than any government. There is massive layoff of managers, engineers and workers. Spare parts are in shortage as fleets are on the ground. So not only the airline layoff but also their suppliers.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/oliverw.../#77a242523d94

Let us talk about the e-commerce from technology and this article was only talking about Feb and March so you get the idea. Tourism is one of the biggest seller on the Internet and you can’t deny.
    https://www.hotel-online.com/press_r...-for-recovery/
    Again this mean people get laid off and less new sites and sales going up right now. App builders take a rest.

Now to hotels. Not only is booking postposed so too is many projects which support the newest building Technologies and Airport projects. These are all related to Travel and Tourism. If people are not travelling there is no need for them. That mean not only tourism works but construction workers, Engineers, less airport workers of all kind.
    I am not even talking about government taxes and more.

Let me end by talking about Apple. Do did you realize the amount of low skilled workers Apple have through Contractors like Foxconn and other technicians they contract? How many workers are in their retail store worldwide??? Yes they have some very high skilled worker but many of their average worker get average competitive salaries. Same for Amazon so when you talk about lows skill don’t act like they are not in technology. I see them every day.
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/11/1...hinese-factory
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Regretfully I cannot wade through the above gibberish.

Start by stating the meaning you assign to the word "depend" when you claimed that technology "depends on tourism"
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Johnny.

You are a certified nut, what statement are these articles supposed to echoing for you.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Busting unnu myth showing the direct and indirect dependency on tourism.

Yeah you have a reason why you can't understand because it easy to think one track.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That is all your comment. LOL!!!

Comment

Nut case, you stated technology "depends on tourism". The articles you presented would lead most to conclude tourism depends on technology..

In fact you have reinforced such views.... "Busting unnu myth showing the direct and indirect dependency on tourism.". Tehnology it seems would be the driver of tourism,cars,planes,internet,lodging etc,etc , therefore tourism depends on it.

Imagine if yuh could not fly guh a yuh destination for the weekend,or drive ,or google up a reservation ,or order your food over an app, or pay for it over an app, where would tourism and you be ?
            Last edited by Sir X; June 26, 2020, 08:29 AM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

imagine if there is no destination, imagine if no travel and tourism company didn't buy the plane. Therefore there is a direct link both ways but as I stated you have one track mind. Go and read and understand. Technology has been a main beneficiary of travel and tourism at every level. Tourism demand and drive new technology from Sabre system and donkey days to now.
              Last edited by Assasin; June 26, 2020, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Technology would still be driving other industries, a perfect example is lose your phone for a day and lets see where you would be.

You are a certified nut, you prove it every bloody day, as much as I try to refrain from the name calling, you simply qualify for all degenirate psychotic labelling and you justify it, because your mental state/health will kill people.

Comment

Johnny kindly describe what “technology depends on tourism” means in the context you used it.

Words mean different things especially to different people so context is all important to understanding.

My understanding of those words of yours indicates that you’re a Dummy on the subject.

I’m just seeking confirmation

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Why would you need a mobile phone if not for travel???

Yes it would be driving some other industry but you can't ignore the input of the travel industry which is one of the main driver. Just like how there was travel long before modern technology and medicine long before modern medicine.

Comment

well if you don't read the post then you that is on you my friend. I thought you were bright.

Comment

Lol...lol...lol, mad mi say, ead nuh good...hehe. I am out, Don over to you .

Lata.

Comment

Again the technology industry is dependent on travel and tourism. This enable them to make the products that are demanded and that goes from car, cellphone, plane, destination, hotels, buildings, stadiums, airports, AI and a whole host more.

THERE IS NO DENYING

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            well if you don't read the post then you that is on you my friend. I thought you were bright.
                            Johnny this has nothing to do with brightness nor reading your post. Please define the word “depend” in the context you used it so that there’s a chance of mutual understanding. We likely have different perspectives on what dependency means.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Jah know seh Johnny good like cook food!!

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              Why would you need a mobile phone if not for travel???

Yes it would be driving some other industry but you can't ignore the input of the travel industry which is one of the main driver. Just like how there was travel long before modern technology and medicine long before modern medicine.
                              Wooooiiiiieee mi clavicle!!!!!! Dis one is a doozy!!!!!

Mi nuh know how fi unpack dis classic collection of confusion from Johnny

Johnny mi affi gi yuh ratings fi dis. You've outdone yourself. Mi nuh tink yuh can come up wid anyting betta dan dis

Comment

Working...
                              X