Nicaragua revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicaragua revisited

2 goals were caused by Taxi,I really can't blame Hector for the third in fact he completed his pass,the receiving player did not control the ball,besides it was at the 50 yard line,which spoke volumes of our defence,where was the left back? Austin had to cover for him and couldn't stop the cross in,so where were the other defenders?

Nicaragua looked like an U23 team,they played as such,I cant see why the offside trap wasnt used,which says alot about our lack of confidence in the back,i dont think its a secret anymore,if you cant use the offside trap at this level yuh nuh ready.Mattocks had an outstanding game.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Hector reminds me of a bad Claude Davis. Love to dribble at the back..We will get into a lot of trouble with him at CD if he continues like this. he needs to sit..happened to pass out of defence.

The mindset to the game was wrong to begin with. I even read in the paper where one player said he was going to give the crowd an exhibition when we are comfortable in front. The players came out thinking it was a walk in the park...defenders especially the wingback abandoned their defensive duties because they seem to think they could all attack and pour on the goals.

Kemar was way ahead on the 2nd goal when the ball barely crossed the half line...Complacency is a hell of a thing

Comment

Food for thought was Hector dribbling because options were limited as to whom to pass to? I saw him kick a ball out in frustration because Taxi was way up field and Powell was upfield on the right and Austin was by the 50 yard line that said he wasn't at fault for any of the goals,I can't blame him for trying to clean up a mess,all that could be solved if they were playing the offside trap.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Re: Taxi and missing Morgan

Taxi attacks recklessly. Not that he does not do a good job on and with the ball...but understanding the game...being tactically aware...reading the nuances and using commonsense to guide on when to go, when to sit back...even when and how to play yourself back to strengthen shape/organization...do what is best for TEAM...? He is just not up to snuff yet. Morgan helps! Morgan shouts at him (...and others), directs. Morgan literally...physically points out needs/dangers and demands action... There was no 'Morgan' on the TEAM=in the back last night.
        Last edited by Karl; September 5, 2015, 11:05 AM.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Indiscipline again, this is the scourge of Jamaican teams. Especially putting in the poster child of indiscipline 'powell' after recent transgressions. Taxi sound like him slipping up, need to double down, defence first, this is a world cup qualifier not a friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            Taxi attacks recklessly. Not that he does not do a good job on and with the ball...but understanding the game...being tactically aware...reading the nuances and using commonsense to guide on when to go, when to sit back...even when and how to play yourself back to strengthen shape/orgaization...do what is best for TEAM...? He is just not up to snuff yet. Morgan helps! He shouts at him (...and others). Morgan literally...physically points out needs/dangers and demands action... There was no 'Morgan' on the TEAM=in the back last night.
            Good point Karl, Morgan is a leader and organizer and a good reader of game situations .

Comment

Just seen the goals, all poor goals to concede really!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aVx1QOEYT4

Comment

Aaaah, Dunny. I also thought long and hard on the 2nd goal...and how the ball rolled across our goal for that 3rd goal...and held off expressing my thoughts on absence of Morgan and the domino effects of his absence.

The back 4 would, I am thinking, would be harder...much harder to breach. Just think that even if Taxi was caught up field the understanding of the 3 would make that hole left by Taxi narrower=less gaping...and on the 3rd these would not occur:
                - Morgan and 'keeper mix-up

- Defender wide on the right would have 'provided cover'/plugged that space where ball escaped our 'keeper. Mariappa unlike Alvas Powell would not have allowed that space to the eventual scorer. That was the logical place/space to fill.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

You need to watch the game again Plush. I think you are too quick to blame Hector and ignore the real 2000lb gorilla in the room.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I agree with you there Karl. Morgan adds experience and some defensive organization to our back-line. Him being missing was telling.

I know people are quick to blame Hector, but I do not see it.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Agreed. Jamaica underestimated Nicaragua and paid the price. Nicaragua made the best of their chances and were saved by their goalie.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

For whatever reason Taxi had a very bad game. I don't know what happened. Maybe Morgan experience would have made the difference. The penalty was unfortunate but Taxi have to think DEFENSE FIRST especially when you have Demar Phillips killing them up top. We still got a lot of chances. It is not that the team didn't have the frame of mine but the early penalty changed everything for them.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Agreed totally, our central midfielders were totally missing for the first 70 mins of the game. They didn't show for the ball any at all when hector and mariappa tried to build from the back also they did the defenders no favours by constantly playing the ball back while Nicaragua pressed.

Comment

Powell was not playingasa defender. He obviously had other ideas about hisrole in the team.

I do not blame Hector one bit.

Comment

Do you really think Demar Philips was killing them up top? I thought he had a so-so game.

I agree, the penalty so early in the game certainly ratteld them. But if you check it, Powell could have called for a penalty shortly before the penalty was awarded. Did you see how he grabbed the Nicraguan player in the box and was werstling him off the ball? I'm surprised that was not called.

Comment

Working...
                              X