X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Left at War: Chomsky vs Hall !

https://prospect.org/article/left-fights/
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Stuart helped redefine what was meant by ​“ideology.” Drawing from the work of Antonio Gramsci, the Italian theorist jailed by Mussolini for a decade, Hall insisted that ideology was not only a specific set of ideas, like Communism or Catholicism; it was the everyday, ​“commonsense” values and attitudes embedded in media, which often benefited elites while also addressing the aspirations of everyday people by giving lip service to equality or upward mobility. Such common sense can also pit non-elites against each other, by, say, equating criminality with people of color in the news or reinforcing subservient roles for women. Hall insisted that exposing how ideological messages are embedded in ​“just entertainment” is the job of academics and public intellectuals

https://inthesetimes.com/article/stu...sm-of-the-will

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
      Hall insisted that exposing how ideological messages are embedded in ​“just entertainment” is the job of academics and public intellectuals
      I recall having an exchange here with a lazy-brained guy about some Babylon movie series... "James Bond" or some other trash I believe

I informed the massive that (apart from mere entertainment) such shows were part of a vast Babylon propaganda complex aimed at implanting/cementing the belief of their natural superiority and destiny to lead/direct humanity. Most assimilate those asinine beliefs and are easy prey for Babylon to manipulate

Of course the guy believed that drivel like James Bond etc was mere "entertainment" which he had no issues with and saw no problem

The most effective propaganda is that embedded in "entertainment" consumed by and cemented via creative messaging in thoughtless drones 24X7X365
      Last edited by Don1; May 5, 2021, 09:54 AM.
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Just shows your higher level of understanding. From a youth watching JBC T.V and all those black and white movies one must have asked whats the african representation and how does it express my people ?

Anyone seeing it merely as entertainment as they progressed through life must be to paraphrase a clown "brain damaged". I was blessed to have met an italain professor in college that took pains to teach us about "racism and the media" an Ex vietnam Vet mind you; this set me on my way to find Stuart Hall .

God bless dem soul.

Comment

Just shows your higher level of understanding. From a youth watching JBC T.V and all those black and white movies one must have asked whats the african representation and how does it express my people ?

Anyone seeing it merely as entertainment as they progressed through life must be to paraphrase a clown "brain damaged". I was blessed to have met an italain professor in college that took pains to teach us about "racism and the media" an Ex vietnam Vet mind you; this set me on my way to find Stuart Hall .

God bless dem soul.
          True dat

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

The Irony or humour in that discourse (between you and di bredda) to me is that Hall specifically referenced Bond and Jamaica to prove that racist ideologies are being transmitted in the movie as entertainment....lol.

" The scheming villians and their giant size bully boys in the world of James Bond ......recruited from out there in Jamaica where savagery lingers on. The sexually - available slave girl is alive and kicking...."

https://cpb-us-e1.wpmucdn.com/sites....Their_Eyes.pdf

Ahhhhh sahhhh...lol

Comment

The Irony or humour in that discourse (between you and di bredda) to me is that Hall specifically referenced Bond and Jamaica to prove that racist ideologies are being transmitted in the movie as entertainment....lol.

" The scheming villians and their giant size bully boys in the world of James Bond ......recruited from out there in Jamaica where savagery lingers on. The sexually - available slave girl is alive and kicking...."

https://cpb-us-e1.wpmucdn.com/sites....Their_Eyes.pdf

Ahhhhh sahhhh...lol
              Yuhseeit

Comment

Working...
              X