Jamaica to resume shipment of mangoes to US in May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica to resume shipment of mangoes to US in May

Come next month, Jamaica will resume exports of mangoes to the United States (US).

This, according to Industry, Commerce, Agriculture, and Fisheries Minister, Audley Shaw, is being facilitated through the Mango Irradiation Programme.

Under the programme, the Ministry works with the United States Department of Agriculture-Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services (USDA-APHIS) to ensure compliance with the US import requirements, which stipulate that mangoes be treated by irradiation or hot water emersion, prior to being brought in.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...mangoes-us-may
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Mango at last. Send some come a Georgia. Bricky think a him one can eeaat it off.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Does Mango do well in portlan I know it likes dry climate?

Comment

yeah man, we have mango fi stone dog. There was a Mango plantation at Canewood near Hope Bay. We have a whole lot of mangoes.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X