X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demba Ba to GUNNERS?

Newcastle Could Lose Demba Ba in January
    ESPN Soccernet

Newcastle coach Alan Pardew admitted Monday he is concerned over the future of Demba Ba, who scored twice in Newcastle’s 3-0 win against Wigan Athletic. The Senegalese striker, who has 10 goals in the English Premier League so far this season, has a release clause in his contract that would let him walk away from Tyneside for $12 million once the transfer window opens next month.

"The truth of it is that Demba has got a clause in his contract and it is still hanging over us," Pardew said. "We have tried to negotiate a way and we have not managed to do that as yet. But the one thing I will say on a positive note is that he has never, if I am honest, looked me in the eye and looked like he wanted to do anything else but stay here, and I hope he does."

Newcastle, which barely missed out on qualifying for the UEFA Champions League last season, is currently 14th in the EPL standings. Monday’s win against Wigan was the club’s first since beating West Brom in October.

Read the whole story…
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

how the gunners name get called up in this?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

One can hope!
      Demba Ba is one of those the GUNNERS could use.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        how the gunners name get called up in this?
        It's been rumoured since this summer that Wenger is interested in him. anyways here is another article about it. Like I said,it's just rumours

Wenger wants Demba
        Gunners will trigger £7.5m clause
        By PAT SHEEHAN
        Last Updated: 04th December 2012
        ARSENE WENGER will go all out to sign Demba Ba in January.

The Arsenal manager knows he can land the Senegal striker for £7.5million due to a buy-out clause in his Newcastle contract.

Wenger is desperate for a proven Premier League striker after selling Dutch superstar Robin van Persie to Manchester United.

And he believes Ba could be the answer. Despite intense speculation last summer, no club stepped forward to trigger Ba’s clause — but Toon manager Alan Pardew revealed it will re-activate next month.

Arsenal are ready to offer him £60,000 a week plus add-ons.

Newcastle’s board have tried everything to persuade the hotshot, who scored twice in last night’s 3-0 home win over Wigan, to sign a new improved contract — with the buy-out clause either greatly increased or taken out completely.

But Ba, signed from West Ham on a free after they were relegated in 2011, has refused all offers and Wenger is poised to make his move.

He believed he had found an answer to Arsenal’s lack of goals when he signed Olivier Giroud in the summer. But the Frenchman has netted just three times in the league.

Ba, 27, who has a year left on his current deal, is keen to stay with Newcastle.

A source close to the player said: “Demba wants to be paid what he thinks he deserves but remains committed to the club. He loves it at Newcastle and wants it to be sorted out as soon as possible.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz2ECtDtB6n

Comment

All the signs seh it will haeppen. Be surprised if it didnt

Comment

Would be a great addition, not soon enough as well.

Comment

This Demba Ba to Arsenal is gathering momentum, I've heard personal terms are already agreed with the player.

Comment

I would love it. It sure as hell would be interesting to see if Ba's touch fits ...his movement, pace, passing...defensive and attacking prowess I am expecting (sure) will make a great fit.

Comment

gervinho should be relegated to ticket collector ..... he does not know WHEN to shoot and when he does it is "flupsy" far too often....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    I would love it. It sure as hell would be interesting to see if Ba's touch fits ...his movement, pace, passing...defensive and attacking prowess I am expecting (sure) will make a great fit.
                    Power is one of the main attributes he will bring, my beloved Gunners are a little bit lightweight at present.

Comment

He said he wants to go to Arsenal so there should be no problem. Good addition.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You need a heavywieght defender too. Long time mi a tell you.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          You need a heavywieght defender too. Long time mi a tell you.
                          Sass, we ok defensively, just need a powerhouse in midfield and one upfront and we good.

Comment

mi nuh think so you need a big defender to win headers, who can bounce a Torres, Drogba, Rooney off a ball. A player who can go down and win a header when you get a corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              mi nuh think so you need a big defender to win headers, who can bounce a Torres, Drogba, Rooney off a ball. A player who can go down and win a header when you get a corner.
                              Don't we have the biggest centre back in the league?

Comment

Working...
                              X