X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumped-up Scarlett back in local football

Pumped-up Scarlett back in local football
    Saturday, November 17, 2012

AFTER a three-year absence, former Reggae Boy and Harbour View left-back Robert Scarlett made his return to top-flight local football with Boys' Town in their crucial final first-round game against Portmore last Monday at Ferdie Neita Complex.

Despite hanging up his boots for a few years, Scarlett, who played over an hour, made a relatively seamless comeback to the game. And now the wily full-back is hoping to help Boys' Town go all the way in the Premier League title race this season.

SCARLETT... it was my friends who motivated me because they said they wanted to see me play at least two more seasons before I’m done with it
    1/1

"It has really been a long time out of the football world," Scarlett told the Jamaica Observer following the game against Portmore.

"It was my friends who motivated me because they said they wanted to see me play at least two more seasons before I'm done with it," said the footballer-now-turned producer.

However Scarlett who spent his entire local career at the east-Kingston based Harbour View and only left the club for stints abroad with Spartak Moscow and Real Salt Lake, said it felt good playing competitive football once again.
    The 33-year-old said he expected a more difficult comeback, but noted that the league appears much easier now.

"This (Portmore game) is my first match and I didn't have a lot of problems, so as the season goes on you can expect some better games from me because I am ready. And right now I am focused on winning the league with Boys' Town," he said.

Scarlett, popularly known as 'Little Bibi' due to his similar playing style to Ricardo Gardner, said a lot of people have questioned his commitment to playing regularly and consistently.

However, he said he has given his full commitment to the Red Brigade and will not be going back on his word.

"It makes no sense to start playing and not thinking about the work seriously," he said. Right now I don't see any teams playing great football... because I should have been tired from the first 15 minutes (of Portmore game) and I wasn't tired at all," he declared.

"All I have to do now is work and train hard and I will be moving up and down the flanks more frequently, like I used to," he stated.

"This was my first game and I'm just glad to make the comeback... now my only intention is to win the National League with Boys' Town," he added.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz2CRKDPKEb

BLACK LIVES MATTER

This is all you need to know about Jamaican football...PATHETIC

Comment

Scarlett is actually playing very well. He makes it look easy. His ball control and passing are better than most, and he still has that effortless cross.

What a way him dash whey him talent and opportunities!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Brickie, yuh nah go Waterhouse Monday night? Yuh owe mi a Red Stripe, iyah!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

If you are inviting me then yes...private box and the full works

Comment

Yes. Come with your accent to make it easier. Yes, yuh can walk wid yuh green card as well!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Pumped-up Scarlett back in local football
              Saturday, November 17, 2012

However Scarlett who spent his entire local career at the east-Kingston based Harbour View and only left the club for stints abroad with Spartak Moscow and Real Salt Lake, said it felt good playing competitive football once again.
              The 33-year-old said he expected a more difficult comeback, but noted that the league appears much easier now.

"This (Portmore game) is my first match and I didn't have a lot of problems...

...Right now I don't see any teams playing great football... because I should have been tired from the first 15 minutes (of Portmore game) and I wasn't tired at all," he declared.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz2CRKDPKEb

The NPL is easier? ...lower standards of play? ...or higher technical standards by all supporting players at Boys Town? What exactly was he intimating...only about the stated "I wasn't tired at all"/physically it is not taxing?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

That Jamaican football is a joke...

Comment

All that covers up the fact that he can't defend.

Complete waste of talent, who by now should be wrapping up a successful career in Europe. He had no ambition whatsoever.

Comment

His only MLS opportunity he showed up unfit & was cut. A wasted talent....yes
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

And he was the biggest star there, bigger than even the well-liked Andy Williams!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Javier Morales was by FAR the biggest star on that team.
                        Last edited by Me; November 17, 2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Well, not when I attended a few games LIVE.

Furthermore, they were not at RSL at the same time.

Javier who?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes, you are right. He went there before Morales, after he had his strong Gold Cup performance under WD. At that time the team was awful and Scarlett looked like he would fulfill his potential, so he was the best player on that roster by far. Considering the other talented ones were washed up (Pope, Kreis, Mathis) or Lazy (Andy).

Javier Morales came later, but was a better player than Hue and Andy combined.

Comment

Javier Morales came later, but was a better player than Hue and Andy combined.
                              I did not know Hue played for Real Salt Lake?
                              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                              X