No announcement yet.

Waterhouse vs DC United tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a 'yout coach' at the control X.

What's your thoughts on the surface of the field?

Thanks.
    Last edited by HL; September 17, 2014, 01:59 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

The field , the field that the good capn should have ready for such occasion , the one he was walking on before kick off.

You keep saying we need a UB40 contingnent , I give you one better , we need a UB40 JFF president, with blond hair and blue eyes , I suspect the end result would be same judging by englands international records.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Unnu full a sh!t like crab!

A few weeks ago Stoni asked for an analysis of Benbow. This was what I said:

Yes, he's all that! He was a serious game changer for Jamaica's U17 when he would come on as a substitute on the right wing, getting behind defence lines with his skills and completing decent crosses into the area. Has a tendency to overdo it sometimes, cutting and weaving to the team's detriment. Haven't seen him in maybe 2 years so I don't know how he's progressing.

Hard to gauge his potential at the senior level, from what I have seen of him.
        Benbow played true to my words.

Di whole a unnu conveniently won't mention that the commentators were all over Benbow for the first half, and even in the second, from time to time. Benbow was able to get pass defenders at will and set up excellent chances at goal, one of which could have resulted in a penalty for Waterhouse. The commentators talked about Benbow's abiity to possibly making an impact in the MLS with his skills and confidence. The fact that he overdid it a couple times and that he and others were clueless at finishing doesn't take anything away from his ability to be a serious offensive threat. With a good, disciplined coach, Benbow could be at least as useful as a Dane Richards, a Campbell-Ryce or others who have donned the senior jersey on many occasions.

Despite a disappointing loss to the professionals at DC United, Waterhouse played with more confidence than even Harbour View did a few years ago against them several years ago. Fiyahouse was able to string together several passes, played aggessively and positively and did themselves proud. They blew by the DC wingbacks with ease and aplomb, to actually complete several crosses, some better than others. With a half decent finisher, the game would have been a lot more interesting. Not to mention, DC's goalkeeper earned his salary last night!

Were there some negatives with Fiyahouse? Of course! But it gets tiresome and downright stupid when we can't find any of the positives when it comes our Jamaican teams.

Jamaica's national senior men's team has not played a match like Waterhouse did last night in ages!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Seven minutes to the break, Waterhouse became casual in their play and skipper Espindola outjumped the Waterhouse defence to stroke a well measured header beyond the reach of goalkeeper Richard McCallum.

Even the scoring of the goal failed to stimulate the hosts' earlier industry and they were put to chase rather than instigate play.

Waterhouse returned for the second session a little uncertain whether or not they should go for the jugular or just pass the ball around in their half. This approach proved most catastrophic. Kenardo Forbes, who has a habit of passing the ball backwards rather than forward, gave it away to an opponent just outside the goal area. And with only one defender to negotiate, six minutes into the second half DC United went two goals up with Espindola scoring his second.
          - Hurbun Williams, Observer writer

Do these people actually watch the match?!? The guy mix up the order of the goals to rahtid! Like smaddy tell him bout game and...but a weh di rah!!!

Shame fi Hurbun, who usually does a good job.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

all now mi nuh know the final score ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
              King Karl, you are one of the very strong proponent of the local based squad.
              I am?

My consistent stance was and it still is for "the strongest squad" without regard for country in which any of the players reside.

You call it as you saw it (in this case).
              I try, boss!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

karl was an opponent of everything before he became a proponent for the same things and it is truly a sight to behald how seamless that transition is to the point where he was always a proponent ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  karl was an opponent of everything before he became a proponent for the same things and it is truly a sight to behald how seamless that transition is to the point where he was always a proponent ...
                  That is not true!
                  ...I think you believe what you say but I would suggest you re-read my stance on whichever topic is under discussion. I have this 'failing' of most often explaining (in what some refer to as boring repetitive detail) "the why" of my thinking.

Just a reminder that one of the reasons I suggested playing the best at all times (going against say, Sass' position of playing young talent merely to give that talent experience...aid development of same) is *the effect that has (would have) on need to attain highest of standards to get into our national TEAMs.

*The effect it would have on the entire development chain - administrators, teachers/coaches and players.

Result: Raising of quality of players and TEAMs. End point: Vibrant Football Industry.

The above is in writing - multiple instances - on this site.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

True, how a talent like that got stuck in Ja at the youth level.Pity he couldn't migrate,sad to think what awaits him in Ja.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Mi bredrin X, I am very disappointed in your assessment of young Benbow! He was extremely effective throughout the game and made something happen everytime he touched the ball, beating defenders and passing! DC did not have an answer for this young phenom. In fact, how could it be his fault if the forward line never capitalize on the passes he gives to them. Are you really blaming the kid for his natural skill and flare that he utilise to terrorize opponents? Benbow did ONLY one thing bad in the game and it's that saluting crap! Many people here are hypocrites!! They would have been giving heaps of big ups if Benbow's jersey said Neymar, Messi or Ronaldo doing the same thing the kid was doing! Are you all saying that the commentators were watching a different game or player than the one you guys were watching? They seem to think that Benbow was all that and many bags of chips, heaping accolades and suggesting it's just a matter of time before an MLS team come calling! As for HL, why do you guys encourage this fool? His only intent is to put down anything Jamaican and big up Massa with his slave mentality. The only thing Jamaican he put on a pedestal is the very thing that's bad for our football and that's the captain! He is the one that report the plot of rebellion, killing any chance of progress and set us back, then get a pat on his back...good boy!

Comment

Waterhouse outplayed DC united and lost ,Benbow included,why they lacked the clinical edge to finish.

I see no victory in that.I have seen so many Benbows twisted and discarded by our shitstem.

Comment

NEED INFO ON BENBOW.
                          1. How old is he???
                          2. Are there video highlights on him???

*I remember in the late '70s there was a Benbow (I think they called him C@@lie Pele) that played for Tivoli HS & Tivoli FC, are they related???

Comment

How many times have Jamaican teams outplayed US teams?

Why is it we cannot look at the individuals sometimes and assess their games? BBC does it all the time. But we have to look at the big picture! Because that's the only thing that matters! Kmt!

There was a point blank header that was missed by Waterhouse, probably from one of Benbow's crosses. How would that have changed the game had it scored?

Not one of our snow ballas looked as good as the worst Waterhouse player, apart from Nosworthy and maybe a couple more.

By the way, I hear Jamaica is now ranked 100. More reason to celebrate, HL, and call for the entire team to be snow ballas.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

We need a snow JFF president to confirm the joke,like the english FA, clueless.This is the enviroment that awaits Benbow,look what they did to Hue,KK,Onandi,etc...they havent a clue how to develop,mold and support talent.

What if Benbow migrates or gives up ball because it doesnt pay,he has kids to feed,worse yet injures his leg , and requires extensive surgery and rehab.

Benbows/waterhouse immaturity or maturity has alot to do with the JFF, that said it is my belief the clubs will lead the way.

Comment

It's not the first and certainly not the last for a team to outplay their opponent and lose. It's a team sport but don't deny that the kid had a great game! He did all he could to help his team but they just plain and simply lost! In fact, based on what many people come here and say all the time, I thought DC was going to walk over Waterhouse! It just goes to show that we are better than many people think. Many players in different sports have dominated games and came out on the losing end, should that diminish their contribution? Absolutely not! Give the youth his due, many people would like us to think that he could only do that against local opposition but guess what? He ran through DC like it was Tivoli or Harbour View! Mobay dismantled Waterhouse and made it look easy, does that mean they are better than DC? Check unnu self bredrin!

Comment

Working...
                                X