Damn......Romeo Parkes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn......Romeo Parkes

My guess is this is going to be a year long suspension at the very least.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0bc9cb047233b
    No need to thank me forumites.

I hope it is long and costly.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He'll be playing Premier League back home after the suspension. Can't get more costlier than that. Silly.

Comment

The RSPL can do without Parkes if it's respect we want.

This was asinine! No punishment could be too harsh for me.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Crazy what he did,though it appears he reacted to what his opponent said during the brief exchange between both players.
          I think the issue becoming a criminal matter would be very harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Sadly it looks like it came to that. The club has terminated his contract. Just crazy how quickly things can change. That old saying is so true.....a lifetime to build a reputation and a second to destroy it. Can't really fault the club for their decision.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/...king-incident/
            Last edited by T.K.; May 8, 2016, 03:47 PM.
            No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

It's the least they could do.

And poor Junior Fleming doing his best to keep his compatriot out of trouble, to no avail.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                Crazy what he did,though it appears he reacted to what his opponent said during the brief exchange between both players.
                I think the issue becoming a criminal matter would be very harsh.
                Yes Rock....it's about that brief exchange. Those Mexicans have no qualms about being spouting harsh racial comments.

I am very curious to hear what that exchange was all about.

Btw. I take it that the other player was Mexican.
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Well he's from across the border, but the northern one. Il est canadien ...from Repentigny, Quebec (not too far east of Montreal).

With a name like Ouimette, I didn't think Mexican. Apparently he's played on the Canadian national side.

Whatever was said on the field, the boot in the back could have resulted in life-threatening injury or impairment... I don't think he'd have wanted to be responsible for that! He's lucky the guy is ok.
                  Peter R

Comment

Suppose he had broken the guys back, would it have been harsh then? if he were charged with assault? A lot of sh!t, (crappy, despicable things) is said on the field (and I'm not speculating about this case) that can be very provocative, but you have to be smart about how you react.

Potentially maiming, or even worse, another player in that manner has no justification!
                    Peter R

Comment

That was DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.......Got some info that based on his production 3 MLS teams had interest, for a possible Summer transfer if he could continue producing, & 1 had a scout at the game.......Now the club has terminated his contract, USL has suspended him for the rest of the season & he's seen as a violent player with no self-control.

Comment

One step forward and ten back!
                        Peter R

Comment

Mosiah? ...pls send me your #...most convenient #

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          Thanks!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                          X