Road Traffic Act stalled again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Traffic Act stalled again

We can understand and would support the owners being able to identify who the driver is that run through the red light or whatever misdeed it is, but to have the owner pay for it is unjust and is another way of digging into our pockets," he complained.

Reid said that the proposed legislation could be put to a vote next Friday.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...-stalled-again

The State is attempting to chuck its responsibility for law enforcement and justice to mask decades of ineptitude and apathy.

Instead of prosecuting law-breaking motorists and getting them off the streets, the all-powerful State, with more than 10,000 cops at its behest, a multimillion-dollar investment in technology, and more reams of legislation than unrolled tissue in a high-school bathroom, is unjustly targeting the owners of vehicles for the breaches of drivers.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/c...h-quaco-really

Is it fair for someone to pay the price for wrongdoing which they did not commit? Should there be further discussion on how we make sure that the right people are held accountable for their actions?

Word from Parliament was that Opposition Senator Donna Scott-Motley has promised “robust debate” when the Bill goes to the Upper House at the end of the week. Others have said that there must be an overhaul of the ticketing system. If the fines and penalties are put in place, but the system allows for perpetrators to get away with their actions, then nothing will change.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/opini...3?profile=1096

Well I am not the only one I want to hear who is going to say they are arguing for the owners or lawlessness.Brick,Sass or anyone ?
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

When you done you say you don't support it, you only a ask questions.

X at his best. What is your position, choose one.

Same thing with Butler, you only did a give him the right to speak.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

We can understand and would support the owners being able to identify who the driver is that run through the red light
      so the owners don't know who is driving their cars?

Comment

Sass my positions are clear,you have a comprehension problem that is a joke at this juncture,Brick stop forming the ass,it's not that owners don't know ,the point is liability and how does the state pursue those interest.

The lazy way as stated is put it on the owners,thats a loop hole for bad drivers to continue in same vein,meaning what sanctions do they face besides a fine that owners have to pursue them for to curb their bad driving habits ?

Isn't that your issue ?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I ask you, how you do it for Renta cars?
          you still haven't answer that.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Comment

answer a simple question.

Comment

back with this liability foolishness...who is liable when you lend someone your car in New York & they get caught speeding by a camera?

Comment

he won't...it's the exact same procedure...rental company passes the cost on to the driver...don't know why him muss can cock up him foot in ac a eat seedless grapes & we must live like animal down here...

Comment

Moving goal posts,the car service industry is not your care free personal transportation operation,it consists of long hours transporting individuals hundreds of miles per day ,personally or by hiring to drive.

Tickets can be procured at an alarming rate in a day,week or month.The liability of not just tickets but vehicle is a matter of financial life and debt.

Why do you leave the driver's so much wiggle room to move from owner to owner , parish to parish with outstanding tickets that must be pursued by owners and not address the primary issues of bad driving ?

It's is the bad drivers who rack up tickets,or tickets can only be attained by bad driving,so even if owners collect the money on tickets for government, the bad drivers are still out there.

Hence my and others call for liabilities for all in the industry,not just owners.
                    Last edited by Sir X; November 24, 2018, 10:42 AM.

Comment

simple...as an owner you don't hire a bad driver...duh...if nobody hires them how dem goin work? if you follow the rules of the road you won't get a ticket...simple...notice it isn't the owners protesting but the drivers? why you think that is?

Comment

How do they collect the ticket from a cab in NY when ticketed by a camera?

Comment

exactly...

Comment

You live in a Ivory tower,how do you know it's a bad driver,like any place of employment you screen and hope it's a good hire until proven wrong.

Bad hires occur in every profession,from CIA,FBI,Police,MD ,Teachers to nurses.They don't come with a sign that says bad hire.

Yeah simple🙄

Comment

Do they have a system linked to the transportation system that can trace a ticket in a second in Kingston ?

Do they have tickets mailed to your business in a month in Kgn ?

What if the owner wants to challenge the ticket and the driver wants to pay it or vice- versa ?

Comment

Working...
                              X