RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brick & Sass:My suggestion from earlier in the week,Taxi !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brick & Sass:My suggestion from earlier in the week,Taxi !

The solution is simple have drivers get a clean stamp or certificate at the department of motor vehicles to show to owners before vehicle can be rented and then make it annually.

Owners should be able to produce it, to not be liable for any tickets,if they cant then they should be held liable.The result is all would be in compliance and the bad ones would be rooted out.

Reasonable.

Does it sound like something you suggested Brick about owners asking drivers to get proof of clean lic,the difference is my suggestion would be a law😏,Sass do you comprehend what I suggested now ,or what Brick has, in his last post to me ?😏
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

i have no clue what you're trying to say here...looks like gibberish to me...

Comment

Thanks for your opinion.😏

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

So what if the driver have no license??

The new license say if there are outstanding tickets on the transport license will not be renewed. If the owner get a ticket from the camera it state the plate and time, all he has to do is ask the driver to pay it, If he doesn't then he is fired. As Brick suggest getting history of the driver will save the owner in insurance, insurance he will have to pay for accident and also save his car or bus. Why would you hire a accident ready to happen if you are a responsible owner?

Why would you ask driver to get a clean stamp from motor vehicle when you can do it yourself, now???? Your solution is no solution. Government will only go after the owners when there is no other solution. Make sure your driver have a current licence, no outstanding ticket, recommendation from their last employer and a proper listed address. How hard is that. If you do that you have no problem with the law.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

a certificate? reproduce it to not be liable for tickets? a load of gibberish...whichever driver was driving the vehicle at the time electronic infraction occurred gets docked for the ticket by the owner...simple...no gibberish required...just admit yuh were chatting foolishness...it's okay

Comment

exactly...

Comment

Just my suggestion and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes into law in some form.😏

Suh yuh ovastand gibberish🙄

Comment

Very hard in a third world nation,you are dealing with renters whose obligation is to make money,nothing else.

These guys move from owner to owner,job to job,residence to residence,town to country.

Every time a owner wants to hire a driver a clean certificate must be mandatory.

All taxi drivers should get an annual certificate.

Dun talk.

Comment

If you have a record and central database, it is very easy for owners to check. Why a yearly certificate when you can check someone's license.

If you follow the news you will see that is the culture is change. Follow your logics and if they can't follow the license and address etc. how are they going to track a driver certificate yearly. Explain that.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Again legal liability,Google it up.

Comment

you realise that the road traffic act is not a taximan traffic act right? is there a law mandating every company in jamaica to verify that their drivers have a clean record? no their isn't...but you as a responsible business owner knows it is in your own best interest to ensure you don't have a maniac on the road driving your vehicle...because if he has an accident you will be liable...

Comment

I don't realise,I know nothing of Jamaican transport law besides what I read in the papers.

I agree with your sentiments as per responsibility but the law has been weak in holding taxi owners and drivers responsible.

I am only suggesting ways to make it fair to all parties.I see nothing fair in saying owners should bear the brunt of the solution.

Taxi owners/drivers as you stated aren't regular individuals,they are into a charter/ renter business and to use what applies to John public as a remedy is to me not fair .

Special detail regulatory governance with heavy fines should be in place.It is a money earner for all involved, government more than anything.

Comment

Let me add,I keep saying quality of life is a billion dollar business,this is a classic example.

Instead of government asking owners to chase down drivers for ticket money or doing investigative work as per the legality of a lic,why not charge renters or owners a clean lic stamp/ certificate for drivers wanting to be hired to drive ,anytime they seek employment anywhere ?

Why not make it an annual check/ charge for taxi drivers?Make it law that owners must provide proof if renting vehicles.

My trial laaawddd😪

Comment

chase down? instead of collecting X at the end of the day the owners simply collect X + cost of the ticket instead...what's so difficult bout that? you notice it's not the owners protesting? it's the drivers who are protesting because now they will be held liable for their actions...

Comment

Try collecting.

Comment

Working...
                              X