RBSC Picnic RBSC Picnic: August 12 Brooklyn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBSC Picnic RBSC Picnic: August 12 Brooklyn

The annual RBSC Picnic will be held on August 12, 2006 in Brooklyn at Seaview Park in Canarsie (same placeas last year), start time 1:00 PM.

As tradition everyone is asked to bring something to the party.

Also bring football gears for the scrimmage bragging rights game.

Directions : Belt parkway to the Rockaway parkway exit, left at Seaview Ave, the park will be on your left ΒΌ mile up the road.

Contact Scaly with any questions

917-723-8330.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

RE: RBSC Picnic RBSC Picnic: August 12 Brooklyn

Please let us know by post or email if you intend coming and what it is you plan to bring. We might have to volunteer some people to bring certain items.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

If we are to believe the weather man, it appears RBSC Picnic Day will be 'nice' 70's!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Who is bringing the watermelon? Make sure it's stored at room temperature!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Watermelon best when warm - study</SPAN>
        <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>
        Thursday, August 10, 2006
        </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
        A new study shows storing watermelon in the fridge can have a chilling effect on its nutritional value.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Researchers in the United States Department of Agriculture have found that watermelons stored at room temperature have significantly more antioxidants and other nutrients than watermelons kept in the refrigerator.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Watermelon is a rich source of carotenoid compounds, such as lycopene and beta carotene, which are natural antioxidants linked to a number of health benefits, from fighting cancer to preventing sun-related skin damage.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The summertime staple contains higher levels of lycopene than any other fresh fruit or vegetable. Its red pigment is found only in a few foods, including tomatoes.<P class=StoryText align=justify>In the study, researchers analysed the carotenoid content in several varieties of red-fleshed watermelon stored 14 days at three different temperatures: 70 degrees (room temperature in an air-conditioned home), 55 degrees, and 41 degrees (similar to a refrigerator).<P class=StoryText align=justify>Compared with freshly picked fruit, the results showed lycopene levels increased up to 40 per cent and beta carotene levels jumped up to 139 per cent in watermelon stored at room temperature.<P class=StoryText align=justify>In contrast, levels of these nutrients remained about the same in watermelons stored at lower temperatures.
        Researchers say the average shelf life of watermelons after harvest is 14-21 days if stored at 55 degrees. But decay occurs after as little as a week when stored at refrigerator temperatures of around 41 degrees.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The study appears in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.<P class=StoryText align=justify>-WebMd

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thanks for restoring my "TDowl".

Beautiful color schemefor the site.

Thanks for the spell check, I only have to remember to use it.

How was the RBSC picnic? I don't see any raves, did that Trini mash it up?

I drove the 14 Parishes, in lue of not coming to the RBSC picnic, where would you rather be?

Yu big friend call me from the airport, what I did not tell him was how the wind started blowing to teh South East, and then switch to Northwest, man have to learn to read the waves Baba.

Where can I go to haunt Ben Jamin, Yutie, Trini (versions)dem hiding, I know where Lazie is, some people seems to loose steam, or they don't know how to navigate and be the Star.

Comment

Working...
          X