• Show
Clear All

• For thos who follow MLS - We might see a

MLS/Liga MX merger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

nobody cares...

Comment

why would they merge?

Comment

i can see why MLS would want to merge...why would liga MX want to merge?

Comment

But MLS attendance is good. But yes why would MX want to. Maybe Merchandising , if you look at the Chicago Market, it could be hugh.

Comment

$$$.......Mexican soccer teams (top clubs & national team) make more money, per game, in the U.S. than in Mexico.......In 2003 the FMF signed an exclusive deal with SUM, which is owned & operated by MLS, to be in charge of their promotional, operational & marketing rights, for games played in the U.S., and the federation's revenue shot up. That's why El Tri plays so many friendlies in the U.S. Because of that success, Liga MX clubs started testing the waters. When the Liga MX teams started realizing the financial rewards of playing in the U.S., Liga MX owners started expressing interest in some sort of joint league. I think the Campeones Cup was MLS & Liga MX testing the waters.......The merchandising, which you alluded to, would be a big earner, as well as corporate sponsorships and the national & international TV deals (MLS is shown in far more countries than Liga MX) = that's a lot of money for the teams in that joint MLS-Liga MX league.

Comment

On that note I just saw the president of Concacaff calling for a Caribbean league.. your thoughts

Comment

Would this be an expansion of the CFU Club Championships???.......It could be a good thing, but it goes back to money - How many Caribbean clubs have the financial resources needed for such a league??? Just the money needed for travel & accommodations will be a huge undertaking.

Comment

.....and very few fan support.....'specially from Jamaica, Cuba T&T........etc.
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I think this is an expansion.

Comment

Working...
                    X