Relocating Port Royal pier is a bad idea – Paulwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating Port Royal pier is a bad idea – Paulwell

Member of Parliament for East Kingston and Port Royal, Phillip Paulwell, is not in favour of changes being proposed by the Government for the construction of a cruise-shipping pier in his constituency.
    Plans were on the drawing board for a pier in Port Royal as part of the redevelopment of the area.

Mr. Paulwell, who was speaking on RJR's current affairs programme "Jamaica Speaks," on Wednesday night, said the administration is now looking to construct the pier in downtown Kingston.
    But he says this might not be a good idea.
    According to Mr. Paulwell, security issues relating to downtown Kingston could drive away potential investors.

"I am aware that the Government is now speaking with one or two of the cruise liners and I know that their main interest is to have the facility located in Port Royal but I'm sensing that this new idea of locating the pier downtown will not continue to entice them," he said.
    It is reported that several cruise lines as well as international investors had expressed an interest in plans for the pier in Port Royal.

http://www.radiojamaica.com/content/view/13001/26/
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Why does Port Royal need a pier? I would suggest to Paulwell to fix up di place fuss before him go building pier! Port Royal is a mess and not 10% of what it could and should be.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And 10% is probably an understatement.

I wonder how much money Disney has made from thier Pirates of the Caribbean brand.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

No thanks to Port Royal!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Port Royal is another example of te Jamaican government throughout the years lack vision. We always have to wait until some foreign white man to come to our shore and tell us how good we are. If I have never said this before on this forum, I am saying it now: Port Royal is a GOLD MINE!!
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            Port Royal is another example of te Jamaican government throughout the years lack vision. We always have to wait until some foreign white man to come to our shore and tell us how good we are. If I have never said this before on this forum, I am saying it now: Port Royal is a GOLD MINE!!
            Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            Selah
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

damn draw for your daggar. you kill about a dozen man and Paulwell.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The silence is deafening.

Comment

Working...
                X