Hallelujah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallelujah

Since Sir Alex Ferguson retired, Manchester United have torched stability, success, grace, class and dignity... and for what? Mediocrity

The inventory of everything they have gained includes a boat-load of mediocrity, an official global lubricant partner, a reputation for wages largesse that measures 9.5 on the Peter Ridsdale Scale and an exorbitantly rewarded non-playing Chilean who only seems interested in his dogs, which is apt because that's exactly where his career went the moment he arrived at Old Trafford. In that context, the self-immolating reign of Jose Mourinho at Old Trafford was a symptom of United's ills, not the cause.

Mourinho was on the down-slope of his career before Woodward appointed him, a man consumed by bitterness and resentments, a man who showed every sign of having fallen out of love with the game and the men who played it, a man whose playing style was outmoded and dour - but when Woodward, United's executive vice-chairman, chose Mourinho, he just saw a name.

He likes names. Big names sell things. They make money. They move merchandise. They sell tickets. Glory? Please. Don't be so naive. It's the profits, stupid. At United, they have taken the Glory Game and turned it into the Glazer Game. Only one currency matters and it's not trophies.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lity-what.html
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

I can remember when I said this
    "He should have made Ryan Giggs the manager on a permanent basis after Moyes was sacked but instead he allowed United's Class of 92, men who lived and breathed the club, who loved it, who knew what it took to maintain its traditions, to be marginalised and then lost." a

at the time. Most Manu fans were talking about big name. Who knew Jose was on the down side??? I knew he wasn't a fit for Manu.

Well Ole would make a good Manager also the Spurs manager so either way Manu can't lose unless none of those two don't take it. Yes take all transfer out of Woodward hand.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sport/prem...ese/ar-BBRcZK0
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

As if that means anything,Liverpool used foundation player- coaches after King Kenny left it cost us millions and put us in midtable for a decade.

I see the same happening to Man U. The prem is a new and different paradigm since Klopp came in.

Give Ole a ten year contract ..lol
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
      X