Every team use their best players.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every team use their best players.

Jose leaves his best players on the bench. Again, when is the board going to act? One thing, we cyan blame Labille Pogba for this one.

Now I see why every group winner in the UCL wants to play MU.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Based on current form Pogba is not our best player. Our best player based on current form is Martial who is coming off an injury.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Why even have him on the bench if your intent is not to play him?
      Our strikers needed the distribution from a midfielder,the game was crying for Pogba..

Comment

Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane says the current squad lacks leaders and boss Jose Mourinho is unable to trust many of his players.

United are 19 points behind Liverpool in the Premier League table after losing 3-1 at Anfield on Sunday and following a poor start to the season which has seen manager Mourinho come in for criticism.

Sponsored link
        Don’t Cash in Your Holiday Bonus Too Soon! First Check Out How It Will be Taxed
        TurboTax
        However, Keane, who was speaking to Sky Sports ahead of the Super Sunday clash, argued that it is the players, not the manager, who must take responsibility for their performances.

Keane said: "In my time at United, when you talk about trophies, you need, obviously, very good players. But I also felt we had really good characters, really good people. People you want to be in trenches.

"I still can't figure this United team out. The key, as well, to be a top player, is to do it week in, week out. I see United every few weeks and think, 'yeah they're looking not bad'. Then they look disinterested, which is no good for any of the big clubs.

"I think they've certainly lost their way and I look at the lack of characters, the lack of leaders in the team and you come unstuck, especially in the big games.

"When you're a manager or working on the sidelines you want to be able to trust most of your players. I don't think Mourinho has too much trust in a lot of United players.

Keane on 'lost' United, Pogba and Jose
        Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane gives his verdict on the club's struggles, Paul Pogba's form and Jose Mourinho...
        "He made a point against Arsenal last week, when they drew and the standard of the game was really poor, he said in his interview after the game his big worry was every time the ball went in the box he felt like they were going to concede. If you're the manager sitting on the sidelines watching and you felt you were going to concede every time the ball went in your box, you're in trouble.

"So he definitely doesn't trust his back four. People say he's spent money on it, which he has done, but it doesn't mean to say [he trusts them]. They've made mistakes. They've got to go and purchase four defenders.

"But at some stage the players have to take responsibility for it. I know people say Mourinho has to get the fellas on side, but we're talking about a lot of international players here and if you're on that pitch and you're not looking after the ball or you're sloppy in possession that does come down to the player. At some stage your own pride has got to kick in, as a professional footballer."

Put the United jersey on, embrace it, embrace the badge and the history, don't be thinking 'the manager is getting on my nerves'. Play the game. Do your job."

Roy Keane
        Keane added that Mourinho's credentials as a manager should be respected and the players cannot blame him for their own poor form.

"We can talk about Mourinho all day but his CV warrants that he knows something about this game - absolutely outstanding. At some stage you've got to look at some of the players.

"A lot of them are international players, 25-26 years of age. They've got to take responsibility when they cross that line.

"I don't think I've ever gone out on the pitch and if I ever had a bad game looked at the manager and went 'that's your fault' or whatever about tactics and systems.

"Roll your sleeves up and do a job. And when the United players turn up today and put the United jersey on, embrace it, embrace the badge and the history, don't be thinking 'the manager is getting on my nerves'. Play the game. Do your job."

6:04

Tubes meets Mourinho
        Soccer AM's Tubes sat down with Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho to discuss his love for the job, and why he loves going to Anfield.
        Soccer AM's Tubes sat down with Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho to discuss his love for the job, and why he loves going to Anfield.
        Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville was also critical of United's inconsistency this season.

However, the former Manchester United defender believes it could take some time for Mourinho to solve the problems he's facing.

"You don't know what performance you're going to get from game to game or within games actually, they can be awful in one half and good in the second half," said Neville.

"It's like they're crawling on their hands and knees minute by minute, week by week at the moment as a club. You can't be confident coming here today, other than the hope that actually, United have done well here over the last few years and you think of Jose Mourinho and the fact he can somehow galvanise performances and come here and get 0-0s and 1-0 wins and that's the hope you've got in the back of your mind.

"But you'd much rather have the Liverpool players in your team than the United players and to be fair the United players at this moment in time are so inconsistent, it's desperate. I don't know how they change it because it has been going on for a long, long time now."
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
          Based on current form Pogba is not our best player. Our best player based on current form is Martial who is coming off an injury.
          HAzard lost his form but was allowed to play his way out of his slump. Same thing for people like Sterling, Salah, Alli ....

At MU Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes, RvN have all lost their form. They are either removed from the starting lineup, but is sent on to help them regain their form .... or they are left out there to sort it out.

What logic is there with leaving the BEST PASSER in the team on the bench for the entire game? What logic is there with leaving the BEST player on the bench? Yes, you said something about form? I think it was Courtney who posted here that "form is temporary ....class is permanent!" What logic is there in sending Fellanni on to play a more advanced role in midfield when a fit Pogba is on the bench? The only thing the Belgian can do better than Pogba is head the ball and control the ball on his chest.

Let's be logical Jangle .....Pogba should be on the field.

Now we not even 1/2 way through the season and Jose a talk bout finishing 4th? Really? Right now we lucky if we finish 6th. Jose needs to be FIRED. But since the board have no balls ...

~~Sitting here in limbo
          But I know it won't be long
          Sitting here in limbo
          Like a bird without a song~~
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Boss as I said months ago, Ed Woodward should have acted a long time ago if he loss confidence in Mourinho. He should have been fired at the end of September. Since he wasn't, then he has to back the manager and we all shut up and stop the whining about Mourinho and his tactics. Pogba is our best passer but he's also a disruptive force inside the changing room. He chooses not to play to his best abilities for the manager and when given the chance, he walks around on the pitch. I say he shouldn't even be on the bench and banished to play with the youths. We suffer the consequences until the end of the season. I believe that the squad is so weak that even if we bring another "modern" coach in, we would still be abut 3 to 4 years away from seriously challenging for titles. Our style on field may improve, but with these players, we are lacking in leadership and quality. I heard Robbie Earl naming out about 7 players who he thought was world class, including Rashford. I say, bullsh!t. Again I say, how many of our players can even make, Loserfool's or Sh!tty's starting side? None with the exception of DeGea. That is where we have been relegated to. Sass and the others keep ranting about Mourinho spending yada....yada...yada.... I say, so what?? Yes his buys are not performing but those buys were in conjunction with Ed Woodward's commercial desires. The rumours were that Pogba and Sanchez were more Woodward's than Mourinho's. Give him more money to finish his rebuild. Woodward wasted money by giving Mourinho an improved contract midway and he also wasted money giving lame-assed Rojo and improved contract in May. Now they can't move on Rojo because of his salary. Because of the English players requirement we are stuck with overpriced, OLD, no-talented English players on big salaries. We still don't have proper cover for Luke Shaw, who just recently started showing some worth but still can't cross the ball properly. Ashley Young is his cover. He's still suffering from grass burns after that chop he got yesterday. Sadly, he's our best crosser of the ball. The English commentators love to beat up their gums about Rashford and how Mourinho is not giving him a chance....rah...rah... and about him being world class. I say, he can't even compare to Jesus who can't secure a regular starting position in Sh!tty, not to even mention Sane. They are basically the same age. Pep spent 30m on Danilo who hasn't played a minute from how long that even Sh!tty fans forget is still in the team and he went out and spent another 67m to buy Mahrez after buying Silva for 50m the previous year. Sh!tty's bench is frightening. Their opponents get no reprieve when they see DeBryune or Sterling warming up.

I agree that we should be playing far better, but the constant berating of Mourinho by fans and critics shifts the blame from the root cause of our problems which is the weakness of our squad and the lack of development and structure since Fergie's retirement.
            Last edited by Jangle; December 17, 2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              Boss as I said months ago, Ed Woodward should have acted a long time ago if he loss confidence in Mourinho. He should have been fired at the end of September. Since he wasn't, then he has to back the manager and we all shut up and stop the whining about Mourinho and his tactics. Pogba is our best passer but he's also a disruptive force inside the changing room. He chooses not to play to his best abilities for the manager and when given the chance, he walks around on the pitch. I say he shouldn't even be on the bench and banished to play with the youths. We suffer the consequences until the end of the season. I believe that the squad is so weak that even if we bring another "modern" coach in, we would still be abut 3 to 4 years away from seriously challenging for titles. Our style on field may improve, but with these players, we are lacking in leadership and quality. I heard Robbie Earl naming out about 7 players who he thought was world class, including Rashford. I say, bullsh!t. Again I say, how many of our players can even make, Loserfool's or Sh!tty's starting side? None with the exception of DeGea. That is where we have been relegated to. Sass and the others keep ranting about Mourinho spending yada....yada...yada.... I say, so what?? Yes his buys are not performing but those buys were in conjunction with Ed Woodward's commercial desires. The rumours were that Pogba and Sanchez were more Woodward's than Mourinho's. Give him more money to finish his rebuild. Woodward wasted money by giving Mourinho an improved contract midway and he also wasted money giving lame-assed Rojo and improved contract in May. Now they can't move on Rojo because of his salary. Because of the English players requirement we are stuck with overpriced, OLD, no-talented English players on big salaries. We still don't have proper cover for Luke Shaw, who just recently started showing some worth but still can't cross the ball properly. Ashley Young is his cover. He's still suffering from grass burns after that chop he got yesterday. Sadly, he's our best crosser of the ball. The English commentators love to beat up their gums about Rashford and how Mourinho is not giving him a chance....rah...rah... and about him being world class. I say, he can't even compare to Jesus who can't secure a regular starting position in Sh!tty, not to even mention Sane. They are basically the same age. Pep spent 30m on Danilo who hasn't played a minute from how long that even Sh!tty fans forget is still in the team and he went out and spent another 67m to buy Mahrez after buying Silva for 50m the previous year. Sh!tty's bench is frightening. Their opponents get no reprieve when they see DeBryune or Sterling warming up.

I agree that we should be playing far better, but the constant berating of Mourinho by fans and critics shifts the blame from the root cause of our problems which is the weakness of our squad and the lack of development and structure since Fergie's retirement.
              ....again, this is Jose's 3rd season .... at what point should he be held responsible?

Comment

The blame is not his alone. Year 1 - Europa Cup putting us back into the Champions League, Year 2 - Second place securing our Champions League position and finishing above the rest of the pretty ball-playing sides, and most importantly - Loserfool. Year 3 - stuck with the same players and spending 23m for two players. As I said, the season is not over. The most we can fight for in the EPL is fourth place and we are still in the Champions League. We saw in his first year where he gave up on the EPL and went after the Europa. Don't put it past him to go for the Champions League to prove his point.

Comment

Manu problem is two fold, can't defend. Everybody can score and that is one the main reason Pogba wasn't on the field. He doesn't listen to Jose on defense. He is caught out. The other is Manu has no coordinated attack. I think this is going to be hard to fix. Jose if he is going to be the coach need to carry in someone who can work on that. He has no Ibra, Drogba or Ronaldo so he need to get someone to work on attacking plays. The attack is very bland.

On your subject of buying players. You need to have Jose take some responsibility. You said so what???? So what mean you have an expensive bench, so what mean you have top players who can't buy a goal, so what? This is the last big spend for Jose to prove himself. If after buying player there is no improvement he will be out.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I agree. But what I've been saying is that the funds needs to be made available by Woodward and either get a Football Director in place urgently to work with Mourinho, or give him full autonomy to spend the money as he sees fit. I think Mourinho is/was willing to get rid of Pogba, Luke Shaw and Martial but management vetoed him. Pogba, because of commercial reasons, Luke Shaw and Martial because of potential.

Comment

Manchester United needs to eat its vegetables again

Dessert is sweet and provides instant gratification while vegetables tend to be more bland. However, as your mother surely reminded you at dinner countless times, vegetables are good for you and provide the essential vitamins to build a strong, healthy body.

Since Sir Alex Ferguson left the club in 2013, United has opted to forgo the vital parts of team building and eat dessert instead. The team has been quick to drop stupid amounts of money on splashy names but clutch its purse strings when it comes to purchasing positional players that lack marketability and sex appeal.

https://thebusbybabe.sbnation.com/20...getables-again

Comment

What I can't understand is Jose went out and buy 2 centerback in Baily and the other youth who are mediocre and put them with 3 other mediocre centerbacks in Smalling, Rojo and Jones who are always injured. I don't think the managers will not give Jose the money but they want to see more from the players.

You have to consider the approach by Jose and what they are seeing on the field. Dd Jose really want to sell Shaw? A lot was invested in Martial, remember the deal and I can see why they didn't because they wouldn't get near that money. Jose shouldn't want to sell Pogba, he bought him not too long ago, as a world class player I can imagine some saying give him a little more time. But Jose went and bought Fred, how is that working out? so you can see the hesitation?
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Woodward as much to blame as Mourinho for Man Utd's woes, says Ince

Mourinho has taken the brunt of criticism for his negative tactics at Anfield, with many tipping the Portuguese manager to lose his job before the new year.

But according to Ince, Mourinho has been let down by Woodward's transfer dealings.

"Mourinho is the one who fronts it because he is the football manager but Ed Woodward is the one in the stands," the former United midfielder told Goal.

"He is not a football man, he is a business man. The club is the richest in the world from a business point of view, we understand that. But when Mourinho says at the start of the season that we need two centre halves and he can’t get them, then someone has got to take the can. It can’t always be Mourinho.

"I presume Mourinho would have had a list saying that these are the six or seven players that I want to play for Man United to compete against the other boys.

"They didn’t get them. When they didn’t get them and the results don’t go well, as much as you point at Mourinho, you have to also point at Ed Woodward because he didn’t get the players he wanted. Klopp got the players he wanted.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/woodwar...n1bsuigywz0xte

Comment

you can't put Jose with Klopp. Klopp carefully carve out his transfers, he worked along with the Liverpool board. You never see him complaining. He knows the limitation of his club and work within.

Woodward have to take some blame but he also have to work within a budget frame. Jose better get onboard and start coaching up his side better. The current Manu team is a few transfer window away from been a really good team.

Comment

Boss. Woodward sets the budget. Woodward hires the coach. Woodward signs off on the transfers. Woodward negotiates the deals with the selling clubs.

Comment

Working...
                              X