Ed Woodward ..... how soon can he go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Woodward ..... how soon can he go?

You wanna tell me after the string on terrible performances and finally firing Jose, there was no backup plan?

So now they have temporarily appointed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Am I the only one who remembered his time at Cardiff? I was looking for a more serious appointment.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

The critics and the analysts are finally coming around to start blaming Woodward for the current state of affairs of the club. Something that I'd identified a long time ago.He should not have extended Mourinho's contract midway and since he did so, he should have continued supporting Mourinho by stepping in early to squash the beef with Pogba. Mourinho was the distraction and the scapegoat to the real problems and Woodward's failings.

"If (Marouane) Fellaini, who was at the end of his contract, had been renewed in proper time, he would not cost half of what he costs today. Mister Ed (Woodward) made him the third best-paid player in the entire squad.And the same is happening with (David) De Gea, whose contract could already have been renewed a year or two ago.

But now, as his deal is at the end, if they want to continue with him they will have to pay a fortune."
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

What did you expect. He is waiting on the Spurs manager. Ole is short term. Lazie the kind of Manager Manu want is not out there right now and they will hire a director of football before the new manager come in.

I don't think they wanted to fire Jose but he made it toxic in the locker room and backroom.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        The critics and the analysts are finally coming around to start blaming Woodward for the current state of affairs of the club. Something that I'd identified a long time ago.He should not have extended Mourinho's contract midway and since he did so, he should have continued supporting Mourinho by stepping in early to squash the beef with Pogba. Mourinho was the distraction and the scapegoat to the real problems and Woodward's failings.

"If (Marouane) Fellaini, who was at the end of his contract, had been renewed in proper time, he would not cost half of what he costs today. Mister Ed (Woodward) made him the third best-paid player in the entire squad.And the same is happening with (David) De Gea, whose contract could already have been renewed a year or two ago.

But now, as his deal is at the end, if they want to continue with him they will have to pay a fortune."
        Jangle, I have never disagreed with you regarding Woodward. Where we differ is Jose's role in this mess. He was given money to improve the squad and we continue to regress.

I would have thought that with the possibility of firing Jose in the air, potential candidates should have been identified. I am not convinced about Ole in this role.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          What did you expect. He is waiting on the Spurs manager. Ole is short term. Lazie the kind of Manager Manu want is not out there right now and they will hire a director of football before the new manager come in.

I don't think they wanted to fire Jose but he made it toxic in the locker room and backroom.
          What is this about waiting on the Spurs manager? Ole ... joke appointment.

Comment

we will see in a few months time. I told you guys before, I thought Giggs would have been a better fit than Jose as he know the club inside out. Now Ole coming and going back for former assistant Mike Pelham. You think a fergie set that up?

You see how Fergie and David Gill was screwing in the stadium last weekend?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
            X