How to deal with login problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to deal with login problems

Most problems are browser related and people experiencing these problems should try deleting their temporary internet files (Internet Explorer type browsers) or deleting cache (Netscape type browsers). The following gives an example on how to accomplish this with different browsers.<H1>HOW TO DELETE WEB BROWSER COOKIES &amp; CACHE</H1>

Cache

In order to speed up web browsing, browsers are designed to download web pages and store them on your computer in an area called the cache (pronounced cash). When you visit the same page for a second time, the browser speeds up the display time by loading the pages locally from the cache instead of downloading everything again. This sometimes results in less than current versions of web pages being displayed, along with problems on registration and authentication pages.

Over time, this process may actually begin to slow down your browser as large amounts of data are saved to your hard drive. A cache does not empty itself and anyone who gains access to your computer can tell from these files what websites you have visited. To make matters worse, this caching is not limited to pages, but can also include login IDs, passwords, banking information, and other sensitive information.

Clearing your cache can significantly improve the speed and performance of your browser and ensures that anyone who uses the same computer and browser after you (particularly on public computers) will not see your private information. Itâs a good habit to clear your cache from time to time.<H3>Cookies</H3>

Websites send small text files known as cookies to your web browser in order to store information about your connection to their server, including authentication information, details about your online session, and any preferences you may have saved. Cookies are particularly useful when you want a website to auto-sign you into a web service, but like the cache, they could be used to compromise your privacy if someone gained access to your computer. Some people choose to delete their cookies periodically (though you should keep in mind that any authenticated sites you use will not remember you the next time you return).<H4>How to empty the disc cache and delete cookies in various web browsers:</H4><UL><LI>Internet Explorer v6.x or above for Windows XP/2000/ME/98 <LI>Mozilla Firefox for Windows XP/2000/ME/98 &amp; Mac OS X <LI>Safari for Mac OS X <LI>Netscape for Windows XP/2000/ME/98 &amp; Mac OS X <LI>Opera for Windows XP/2000/ME/98 &amp; Mac OS X

</LI>[/list]<A name=ie></A><H3>Internet Explorer v6.x and Above for Windows XP/2000/ME/98</H3><UL><LI>Open Internet Explorer, choose the Tools menu, and select Internet Options.

<LI>Select the General tab. <TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR clear=all><LI>In the Temporary Internet files section, click Delete Cookies, then click OK in the window that opens. Depending on the number of cookies you have, this can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes.

<LI>Click Delete Files. In the window that opens, check the box next to Delete all offline content, then click OK. Depending on the number of files, this could take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes.

<LI>Click OK to save your changes.

<LI>To be safe we recommend you close and re-open Internet Explorer.

</LI>[/list]<A name=firefoxnew></A><H3>[I]Mozilla Firefox v1.5 and Above for Windows XP/2000/ME/98 &amp; Mac OS X</FO
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

RE: How to deal with login problems

It works for me now.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
    X