Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ode to Trinket Sellers and low-skilled cooks

Falmouth’s artisan village 75% ready – Bartlett

Jamaica’s first artisan village, under construction in Falmouth, Trelawny, is 75 per cent complete and on track to becoming operational for the upcoming 2019-2020 winter tourist season, Tourism Minister Edmund Bartlett has said.

The facility, which is being constructed inside the old Hampden Wharf in proximity to the Falmouth Cruise Shipping Pier, is expected to create a new trading platform for practitioners involved in art, craft and other cultural endeavours.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...ready-bartlett
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Originally posted by Jangle
    Falmouth’s artisan village 75% ready – Bartlett

Jamaica’s first artisan village, under construction in Falmouth, Trelawny, is 75 per cent complete and on track to becoming operational for the upcoming 2019-2020 winter tourist season, Tourism Minister Edmund Bartlett has said.

The facility, which is being constructed inside the old Hampden Wharf in proximity to the Falmouth Cruise Shipping Pier, is expected to create a new trading platform for practitioners involved in art, craft and other cultural endeavours.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...ready-bartlett
    Nice.

Comment

respect. You see these are the things we champion. More training of workers, Small business development and the pension for tourist workers which is now coming online. The pension scheme was supported by both PNP and JLP government. Hope the other 4 comes online soon.

We have to find ways to keep the dollars in Jamaica.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

“Adjustments have to be made, and so the timeline sort of slipped a little bit, but we are comfortable that we will be ready for winter 2019-2010,” emphasised Bartlett.

What the hell is the editor doing? LOL!!!!. Good work Mr. Bartlett and crew.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X