Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, not pleased with the result, but at the same time

I am not surprised. Still my team.

This ridiculous attempt to beat the press within your own box is like playing Russian rouette. Harry and Fred are responsible for the first goal. On the 2nd, Fred was not urgent in covering for Matic who got beat by the 1-2.

Congrats L/City. Now Citeh have a smooth path to winning the 3 domestic titles.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Our squad is lacking in so many areas. We are a weak team without the starting 11 which is also weak.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Talk di ting Jangle!
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        Our squad is lacking in so many areas. We are a weak team without the starting 11 which is also weak.
        Is fatigue a factor? L/City last played last Sunday. They had a week's rest. Brendan took advantage and went with Perez, Vardy and the Iheanacho. MU needs a DEEEPER squad. Van De Beek, the man people wanted to replace Pogba is not cutting it. The best thing he did all game was jump out of the way.

Ole needs to try using Scott as the lone sitting midfielder instead of using 2.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

another trophyless season...how long can Ole last without winning one?

Comment

Fatigue is a factor but it doesn't take away the fact that the squad is weak. Van Bleek looks like a waste buy. Right now I would take Lingard over him.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              another trophyless season...how long can Ole last without winning one?
              Listen, I am not one of those fans who are going to want "Ole out" because he lost a game. I have seen where the team has improved as a unit and individual players have improved as well. Hopefully, the powers that be will help him to strengthen the team over the summer as we all see why he is hesitant to rotate the squad.

Comment

A good coach needs the three factors to be successful - 1. time 2. money 3. support from management.

Comment

Lingard and Depay are two players reacting poorly when under pressure, I suspect Beek is following suit.

The chain is strong as its weakest link, MaGuire, Lindelof, and Fred are just not good enough, and then to compound matters, our players refuse to run into spaces to facilitate the pass.
                  And then there are those unnecessary high risk passes, and an over reliance on our wingbacks.
                  Players are part of a system, conformity is a must, the problem is OGS does not have a system,hence we look different all the time.
                  I am not privy to the training sessions but I am convinced,
                  because of the lack of off the ball movements, 'a two touch ' system isn't being demanded, way too much backward passes and dwelling on the ball.
                  So Henderson wants to yap his way into being our #1 keeper, he never made a case to displace the guy that was #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                    Lingard and Depay are two players reacting poorly when under pressure, I suspect Beek is following suit.

The chain is strong as its weakest link, MaGuire, Lindelof, and Fred are just not good enough, and then to compound matters, our players refuse to run into spaces to facilitate the pass.
                    And then there are those unnecessary high risk passes, and an over reliance on our wingbacks.
                    Players are part of a system, conformity is a must, the problem is OGS does not have a system,hence we look different all the time.
                    I am not privy to the training sessions but I am convinced,
                    because of the lack of off the ball movements, 'a two touch ' system isn't being demanded, way too much backward passes and dwelling on the ball.
                    So Henderson wants to yap his way into being our #1 keeper, he never made a case to displace the guy that was #2.
                    Which of the goals do you think Lindeloff is responsible? I will wait.

The fact is the team wasn't good yesterday. Brendan's plan worked, thanks to the mistakes of MU's players. Ole's plan to send in the calvary fell apart when the 2nd goal went in.

Comment

I think that McGuire has been overly criticized because of his price tag. He is a good defender whose weakness is his lack of speed. That is an easy fix if he gets a more athletic defender to work with. He had that at Leicester City with Wes Morgan. Lindelhof is too similar to McGuire and his weaknesses are that he's not fast, not physically aggressive enough and he has no aerial presence, so he looks weak against McGuire. He had a decent spell playing alongside Smalling who covered his shortcomings, and was the leader of the two.

What do you mean over-reliance on our wingbacks?

Comment

Look Lazie, the fact that Lindelof was not blameworthy yesterday does not erase his shortfalls which surely will be exposed in another game as was the case in previous games.

Comment

In the days of Rio and Vidic, we could always depend on those two to make a difference in crucial situations, their reading of the game was spot on, recently we saw Shaw assigned to mark an opponent that was much taller while MaGuire was doing zonal marking in his box.
                          He strays too much, and shows no urgency to get back in defense, as was the case when Lindelof made that telling intervention in a play that a retracting MaGuire would not be able to figure. Things do not have to go actually bad in order to properly assess weaknesses.
                          If we are going to ask that our wingbacks go forward then at least have a trailer next to them.What I am seeing is our midfielders giving them the ball to fend for themselves, they are simply not skillful enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                            I think that McGuire has been overly criticized because of his price tag. He is a good defender whose weakness is his lack of speed. That is an easy fix if he gets a more athletic defender to work with. He had that at Leicester City with Wes Morgan. Lindelhof is too similar to McGuire and his weaknesses are that he's not fast, not physically aggressive enough and he has no aerial presence, so he looks weak against McGuire. He had a decent spell playing alongside Smalling who covered his shortcomings, and was the leader of the two.

What do you mean over-reliance on our wingbacks?
                            "...think that McGuire has been overly criticized because of his price tag. He is a good defender whose weakness is his lack of speed. "

Thanks Jangle. Regarding Lindeloff, I watched him against Milan and came here to hear /read Rockman's comment but apparently he didn't see the game. Victor is a good defender. He is capable of making the passes to catch opposing defenses out. He also surges forward ... playing the 1-2 and not getting the return. Yes, they are both slow ... but ....

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                              Look Lazie, the fact that Lindelof was not blameworthy yesterday does not erase his shortfalls which surely will be exposed in another game as was the case in previous games.
                              Which previous game? Players make mistake you are always eager to jump on Victor.

Comment

Working...
                              X