• Show
Clear All

• My starting 11 against Pool

DeGea
    Bailly, MaGuire
    Bissaka, McTominay,Pogba,Telles
    Greenwood, Bruno, Cavani, Rashford.

subs
    Henderson,Tuanzebe, Shaw, Matic,van de Beek,Martial, and James.

* Likely substitutions
    van de Beek ,Tuanzebe , Shaw, and Martial may figure.

Matic is holding his own but the game against Liverpool is going to be a high energy one, worried about the midfielder not having the required energy level, and fouls he will commit as a result.
    Martial not starting has to do with his poor form evident in recent games.
    Telles over Shaw solely on empowering the offense,do not want a repeat of the City game.Tough decision because I would fancy Shaw's chances of marshalling Salah over Telles', especially with MaGuire being our last line of defense.
    I think van de Beek will be an ideal replacement for the pundits favourite, the so-called breath of fresh air, Bruno, goal-wise, and nifty passes in right places.

Manning Sir X.

Shaw over Telles based on form. Martial over Cavani to get that penalty. Fred over McTominay to disrupt.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I would go with Telles over Shaw on this one as he is a better defender to keep Salah and Mane in check on the wing.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Shaw is the better defender.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I think the the partnership of Pogba and McTominay is more intriguing.
          Cavani will pressure the opponents (keeper and defenders) whilst Martial will be preoccupied with letting the whole world (facial expressions)know how close his attempt came.His form is lacking too.

Comment

My think about starting Telles is keeping Pool wingback concern about our attacks.
            Also know Telles is more dependable making worthwhile crosses into the box.
            We will not lose any sleep over Shaw getting the nod though.

Comment

Shaw is too attacking and sometimes leave space behind him.

Can't do that with Mane or Salah.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I think Fred offers just that more disruptive energy in the middle and he has improved his game recently with his passing. Martial has created more scoring opportunities for himself and the other forwards even though he has not been scoring himself. However, I believe OGS will drop Greenwood to the bench and start Martial, Cavani and Rashford on the right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  I think Fred offers just that more disruptive energy in the middle and he has improved his game recently with his passing. Martial has created more scoring opportunities for himself and the other forwards even though he has not been scoring himself. However, I believe OGS will drop Greenwood to the bench and start Martial, Cavani and Rashford on the right.
                  "Martial has created more scoring opportunities for himself and the other forwards even though he has not been scoring himself."

Well said Janglesan! (Using Japanese accent).
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                  X