• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica will advance....

Yes, I said it.

Simple adjustments needed.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

How many corner it take to score pon the likkle short man dem?

We need to be more clinical.

Yes we a go go through.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Unfortunate penalty.....

Did not understand the need for those long balls. Jamaica is the superior team.

HL

Comment

Jamaica should have put another 5 or 6 more pass this team. We have to beat them by two clear goals in Nicaragua and I think we can.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Curse of the football gods. Alvas should not be in the team after walking out. Kemal do you understand the concept of overlapping?

Comment

A replacement is needed for hector. He gave up two goals in the gold cup final and bow. He needs to sit. He likes to dribble too much for a cd. How about pass the damn ball out of defence

Comment

Jamaica needs to win by 2 goals to advance based on away goals rule.
              Unlikely, the campaign will come crashing down on Tuesday.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Which two goals did Hector give away? He did not give away the first and I am not seeing how he is responsible for the second. I am watching the replay on TV right now and for the third. For the third goal, Hector played the ball to Austin who fialed to control it and led to thr Nicaragua player stealing it and running down the right wing with Austin chasing. The guy got to the touch line, cut back and crossed the ball on the ground. It passes by Marriappa and the Jamaican GK Blake to the Nicaragua player on the back post to tap in. Unless you are saying Hector should have been marking that player on the back post, I am not seeing how he is blamed for that goal.

Also, wasn't it Powell that was playing R CB to be blamed for not picking up that player? Where was he in all of this?

If you ask me Powell was playing as if he is some Frantz Beckenbauer and not staying with his defensive responsibilities. I also think that Andre Blake showed his inexperience and does not have any command of this defensive line in front of him. Why did he get to start over Kerr?
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Andre Blake is the number 1 goalie once fit.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    Andre Blake is the number 1 goalie once fit.
                    Why and what has he done to earn that status? Do you base this on his college ball or the fact that he was riding pine in Philly for most of his career so far?

Comment

Tilla your analysis is accurate .

HL

Comment

Was it Powell?!

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                        Which two goals did Hector give away? He did not give away the first and I am not seeing how he is responsible for the second. I am watching the replay on TV right now and for the third. For the third goal, Hector played the ball to Austin who fialed to control it and led to thr Nicaragua player stealing it and running down the right wing with Austin chasing. The guy got to the touch line, cut back and crossed the ball on the ground. It passes by Marriappa and the Jamaican GK Blake to the Nicaragua player on the back post to tap in. Unless you are saying Hector should have been marking that player on the back post, I am not seeing how he is blamed for that goal.

Also, wasn't it Powell that was playing R CB being blamed for picking up that player? Where was he in all of this?

If you ask me Powell was playing as if he is some Frantz Beckenbauer and not staying with his defensive responsibilities. I also think that Andre Blake showedhis inexperience and does not have any command of this defensive line in front of him. Why did he get to start over Kerr?
                        Who never tracked his man?
                        Dunny has a great video clip of the goals that shows Mr. Alvas Powell out on his Friday evening stroll!!!! ...walking out on his TEAM-mates once again!!!!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

It is easier to blame Hector. I just got a call from a friend of mine blaming Hector for the second and third goals.I encouraged him to watch again and come back and let me know if he still blames Hector. He said he would review and get back to me.

It seems as if Jamaican people see what they want to see. How is God'sgood name no one want to even think Powell contributed to the defensive malfunction, but they quickly want to blame Hector?

Comment

ask the goalie coach. That is the impression he gives.

Comment

OK, so you spoke to him? I did not know that it is the GK coack who makes the final decision on the starting 11.

Comment

Working...
                              X