Garth Crooks on Maguire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garth Crooks on Maguire

Maguire: Since the arrival of Harry Maguire in the back four at Old Trafford there has been a calm in defence. This was no better illustrated than against Liverpool at home and again away at Norwich where VAR did its best to disrupt, confuse and irritate just about everyone. While his team-mates were being awarded penalties and missing them, Maguire remained composed and played the game with a quiet authority. He may have cost £80m but I'm beginning to think he is worth it in the current climate. He might even save Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's job.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50201142
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

McGuire has brought a certain calm to our defense. I'm not as nervous as last season when the ball comes into our third. However, with a better defensive midfielder, our fortunes will improve. He's however, very weak and suspect when faced one-on-one with a skillful attacker. In his last two matches, he was left for dead twice. In the Europa game against that unknown side, the black attacker gave him a chop that I was surprised he did not come off injured. He nearly tear out him groin.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      McGuire has brought a certain calm to our defense. I'm not as nervous as last season when the ball comes into our third. However, with a better defensive midfielder, our fortunes will improve. He's however, very weak and suspect when faced one-on-one with a skillful attacker. In his last two matches, he was left for dead twice. In the Europa game against that unknown side, the black attacker gave him a chop that I was surprised he did not come off injured. He nearly tear out him groin.
      "In the Europa game against that unknown side, the black attacker gave him a chop that I was surprised he did not come off injured. He nearly tear out him groin"

If that fellow had scored that play would be on loop as long as he was a player.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lol!!! That was a good one. The one on Saturday was cause by Lindeloff bundling him. I know Lazie will not like this but I would say sell Pogba for 120 million and by a good defensive mid and a attacking mid like Madison or Grealish.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X