HL!!!.......Did you watch the U.S./England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!!.......Did you watch the U.S./England

game???.......Was busy, so I only saw a few minutes here & there (mostly the start of the 2nd half).......Thought they would have been slaughtered, and even bet they would get at least 6-0.

If you watched:
    1. How was their overall play???
    2. Who was the best player???
    3. How was the defense???
    4. How was the midfield???
    5. How were the forwards???
    6. Do we need Guzan, Villafana & Wood???

don't forget, England isn't as good as they are perennially hyped to be.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

True.

But this engurland team under Southgate is a different bunch ( I must admit). They are not the kick and run set as we were used to.

I 'think' they play Croatia next week. Now that will be the test. Would love Croatia drop at least 3 .......
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

1. overall play below average
        2. polisic (sp?)
        3. very poor. hope this is the last time I see brooks.
        4. midfield was poor
        5. beginning to agree with you about wood. rux in this game.
        6. if we got rid of all three....they would not be missed.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Thanks!!!
          Brooks problem is consistency. Remember he was our best defender & one of the better defenders at the '16 Copa America Centenario. His inconsistency coincided with his move to VfL Wolfsburg.......Saw more of the game today and he cut out some key England passes, and was good at spreading the ball around, but had lapses (one resulted in the 3rd goal).

Wood was one of Klinsmann's cons: Passing Wood off as a top-class striker.......Just like his Zardes is a very good forward, who should be playing in a top Euro league con, and Bradley is a world class #10 con.

They keep holding unto dead weight. Guzan & Villafana should be shown the door.......Trapp is a good guy, good teammate and plays hard, BUT he's not up to the task, especially against top ranked teams. He has not grown, as a player.

*This delay, to hire a USMNT head coach, might create problems.
          Last edited by USAF; November 16, 2018, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Fair comment ... it there yet. But also other teams have stepped up ... the Iceland’s Belgium’s Croatia etc.

Dominated by Belgium twice so they are not there yet .... but I agree generally

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

i didn't see the game but I saw the game against Peru and it is obvious that change is needed. Ball movement is not there and the team seems to have no comprehension of defending the quick moving ball. US need to find a consistent attacker other than Pulisic. This is going to need a system and belief to move forward.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
              X