• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hl normally mi nuh get involved but mi ah go

help yuh out.

See highlights of the Champions cup here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1QhU_34-JY

It seems as if Garvey Maceo plays all over the island so watch them against Cornwall https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOEqcxMU_Y0

Now first thing that jumps out is the poor first touch. A good first touch is essential in high quality ball. Why don't Ja invite a youth team from Sao Paulo, Flamengo or even River Plate to do a tour and put an end to the madness (where the schools can return to academics and leave football to the clubs)

True King Jawge. Pickney fi just go a school fi learn dem books. Puddung this football, netball, this track and field thingy and any and everything weh not book related, cause a just waste of time. If dem want fi play sports dem need fi go join one club. Don’t mix up the book work and this sports foolishness weh naw get dem nowhere.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

so you think kids at football academies don't get academic instruction? get with the times dinosaur

Comment

Thanks King.

In the first clip...highlights will always be highlights. Congrats to the winners.

Watched about 5 minutes of the second clips. Wished both teams well. There is something about the ball rolling instead of bouncing on the pitch. Maybe the pitch was not watered.......?
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I think I detect a hint of sarcasm. At least I hope so.

Education is about developing the whole child; " mens sana in corpore sano" still holds true. However, I am in agreement with you regarding the elite athlete.

One problem I see with school boy football in particular, is the number of games they play in a short season...especially if you are a school like JC that goes deep int all competitions (just saying hail up my C-bar bredrin) ...You have league, knockout, and Champions when do they get time for the serious beating of books?
          Peter R

Comment

Another comment: After the match with Georges they interviewed the MoM (I think it was Rousseo (sp))...while he might the one one of the best school boy footballers Bell says he has coached (according to the interviewer), who can string passes together, unfortunately, he couldn't string more than three words together And he is a George's student?!? maybe I am living in the past. The interviewer sensibly did not prolong the agony (for everyone) and did not go past two questions.

Students like him could do with a course like this: (see page 163)
            http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/curricu...h1112currb.pdf
            Peter R

Comment

It will take some time but I will try to respond to all The teams are rec league teams HL and you know it. They cannot learn the game properly in an institution geared towards academics.

Comment

First:I spoke about FOOTBALL and you mentioned tracks, swimming, netball et al. Boss I,m talking about football which is a team sport and it requires time to master the object (ball which is moed around by one's feet only). Can an institution geared towards academics answer the question of mastery over football? No Can it answer the question of achieving great heights in the math Olympiad? Yes

I did not say no sport at the schools. Yes it can be done but at the recreational level. The problem arise when one tries to dress up rec league ball as a doorway to pro ball. OF the players in the games on the vids, which one would Pep even look at. None! If Bailey had stayed playing Manning cup he would not be in Germany.

Comment

I think Hyde son would have made it if football was his first choice as opposed to T&F
                  Also, where did Tappa received his instructions?

Comment

Factor this is when you do,it's a myth that high school and colleges don't develop or play a part in development! As peter said education is part of holistic development.

It's not limited to the Americas, the German system factors in education in development.What you find is countries develop players in their cultural economic reality.Jamaica is ideal for this given our history of which you seem ignorant of.

https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/us...e-most-players

https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/us...e-most-players

You have long and continously proven you are irrelevant with your knowledge of football.

In fact Sterling was recruited as a teenager from school to an academy! And his educational development did not stop.

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/news/r...hool-1-3635669
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

This,of course, is not substantive of the ongoing debate about the need for a structured development, my response is solely to show we ,despite,can and have produced players of appreciable quality to give a decent account of themselves elsewhere.
                      There are youngsters in Jamaica who(as is) will turn heads in England if they migrated there.
                      Those are the Sterlings and the Baileys .

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                        They cannot learn the game properly in an institution geared towards academics.
                        Unwittingly you have exposed and rubbished your ridiculous dummy talk with the above truth.

School ball is recreational - adding to the life of schools and self-development of students. Being recreational it is obviously NOT designed to produce complete or international grade players

This being the case only dummies bleat about the existence of recreational football between schools
                        Last edited by Don1; November 5, 2018, 03:22 PM.
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Isn't that my point? Rec ball cannot and will not aid a player to pro ball; hence teams in the EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga et al will not look at Ja's high school football.

Anyway I'm not done here. Anyone else? So far we have Karl/X,wally... then Rocky and Don. Please throw up your thoughts this way I can give a comprehensive answer for all. Yes I'm very busy

Comment

Recreational ball helped Sterling,I gave you an article of reference,also kids in the U.S high school and college system ,articles were also given,last but not least I gave you the German system.

Did you miss it🙄,Our system is blocked from being a recruiting ground more so because of a UEAFA requirement of ranking,in the past high schoolers Bibi,Fuller and Jermaine Johnson were recruited out of school or in J.J case right after exiting high school into the U.K, fact is colleges in the US continue to recruit our youths ,who then follow the trail that other American youth take into clubs as the article states.

Basicslly education ,recreational football and professional football are historically and culturally linked,not just in Jamaica,did you miss the articles and forget the history.

Or yuh being selective wid yuh memory.
                            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Jawge;593005]Isn't that my point? Rec ball cannot and will not aid a player to pro ball; hence teams in the EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga et al will not look at Ja's high school football.
                              LOL!! If the objective of school ball is NOT the development of pro players... who cares if pro clubs don't look at it???????????????? If JA wants its young players to go pro - then JA should have professionals develop the talent from 6 y.o. - not depend on school ball for teenagers run over 3 months of the year

You're very confused - must be too much Youtube viewing

Why don't Ja invite a youth team from Sao Paulo, Flamengo or even River Plate to do a tour and put an end to the madness (where the schools can return to academics and leave football to the clubs)
                              This seems to be your point - It's off the wall - but still your point

The lesson for you today is that there is a legitimate place for recreational school football and another for pro football development. Since JA hasn't instituted a credible pro development structure - it DEFAULTS to school ball for that.

That's the fault of backward national football administration - not the fault of schools
                              Last edited by Don1; November 5, 2018, 06:07 PM.
                              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X