Thoughts & Prayers : The state of Jamaican football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts & Prayers : The state of Jamaican football

I watched last night as JC demolished Steths, and I have watched a couple of school boy games, what stood out to me is that all the schools are trying to play a passing game ,as the Bigger schools clashed the quality of passing I saw was better.

This can only be explained by the upliftment of the standard of coaching, this has been a slow time consuming pace that has left many talented youths by the way side.I sincerly hope that these youngsters will be the generation to reap rewards from our school boy league, which is a feeder to national and club teams, an e.g was the recently concluded U20 tournament where the Mexicans escaped by some accounts from a questionable penalty, the play was of the required standard, that questions were asked if they were profesionals !

The culture of calling a team before a FIFA youth tournament and expecting them to pull off mircales continues or giving them "basket fi carry wata" .We almost pulled it off typical Jamaican style, wi affi work wid what wi ave and wi a guh try pull it off.

We almost did,the unsung heroes are the local coaches who seem to be workinbg under abuse , one coach carrying three assingments, others locked out of their place of work i.e stadiums to working with players who ply their trade in a chaotic football schedule.Yes observation is a part of the coaches work.

There is no question the school boy schedule is congested and idiotic ,ISSA is first of all loosing money, and I am sure the objective 1st and foremost is to make money, this is not a charity,if it was loosing money the damm thing would be shut down ! So ISSA is making money but can they make more ?

Of course they can , all semifinals and finals should be held on the weekend, this would gaurantee more fan$ turnout,money in ISSA coffers, 2nd the scheduled should be stretched out so players can recupertae from injuries and prevent burn out, this also gives coaches more time to work with their charges to implement the knowledge of how to play the game.

There are simple things the JFF/ISSA can do to improve the game and I cant see why not .I also see that school boys and clubs are alinging themselves together because the focus is now on youth.

The future looks good because as far as I see , we can only move in one direction , the problem that I see is the pace , ahhhh mean 20 years post WC 98 and we are just mass producing local coaches to have the required B lic, how much longer for the A.

Kudos to Jermoe Waite. The U 23 tourament awaits us.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Food for thought : The significane of school boy football, the current coach of our female team that qualified for the world cup is a KC old boy who got a scholarship to play college ball.

https://kctimes.org/articles.aspx?ar...=1237&kcedtn=3

https://unitedsoccercoaches.org/web/...Donaldson.aspx

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Yes. The schedule over-crowded!

When do they get time to do school work? that's why they're going to school I believe, to educate themselves! Teams that go deep in competitions will have students who will suffer physical damage, not to mention some not fulfilling the ultimate reason for being in school!
      Peter R

Comment

Exactly ! If these educators had a conscience they would see the benefits of spacing out the schedule for the benefits of all its stakeholders, that ultimately benefit the youths.

ISSA isnt helping one bit , one thing they wont do is stop school boy football because it is a money earner, it behooves them to stop playing the hypocrite role of frigging up the current system , more than it already is by implementing transfer rules that dont help the students to learn academically or atheltically.

The direction of school boy football is for them to do as stated in my above suggestion,it will get there the question is when !

Money talks !

Comment

Are you saying scoolboy football is not suited for the development of elite talent. Not sure as you are all over the place.

Comment

You need to read word for word,grab a dictionary translate the meaning ,repeat the word,then paragraph,write a dissertation on it's meaning ,then ask me a question.

Comment

Working...
            X