Covid: Jamaica The Concern !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid: Jamaica The Concern !

I am hearing the spread is bigger than whats being reported. I hear people are not declaring their status out of fear they will be stygmatized in their communities, I am hearing the testing is slow and the results are even slower.

Furthermore utterances by the minister of health Tufton being in congruent with the governments view that the "economy" must open up, is not based on any science. The governments own numbers keep going up, granted slowly and you cant help but wonder if its political or the above as stated.

Things to watch for, hospitals being overwhelmed and an increase in burials, as proof of an increase in the spread, sad but true, I cant trust the numbers, given what happened in NY. I stated awhile back patients were being turned away to die when we were overrun at the hospitals and the numbers of deaths were probably higher,heck some people started to stay away from the hospitals because it was seen as incubating centers. Now we are hearing Fauci admitting same, to add 10 to 20 k to our death numbers, thats 90 to a 100k in two months.

Jamaica is walking a tight rope,if it isnt falling already.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Originally posted by Sir X
    I am hearing the spread is bigger than whats being reported. I hear people are not declaring their status out of fear they will be stygmatized in their communities, I am hearing the testing is slow and the results are even slower.

Furthermore utterances by the minister of health Tufton being in congruent with the governments view that the "economy" must open up, is not based on any science. The governments own numbers keep going up, granted slowly and you cant help but wonder if its political or the above as stated.

Things to watch for, hospitals being overwhelmed and an increase in burials, as proof of an increase in the spread, sad but true, I cant trust the numbers, given what happened in NY. I stated awhile back patients were being turned away to die when we were overrun at the hospitals and the numbers of deaths were probably higher,heck some people started to stay away from the hospitals because it was seen as incubating centers. Now we are hearing Fauci admitting same, to add 10 to 20 k to our death numbers, thats 90 to a 100k in two months.

Jamaica is walking a tight rope,if it isnt falling already.
    I'd say there are very few countries where we can "trust the numbers" so if that's the case in JA it's far from unusual. What will be difficult to conceal are unusual spikes in deaths (or virus symptoms in the infected) and the toll in JA seems relatively low per capita with no unusual reports of surges in mortality or symptomatic rates.

There may be resistance built up in many countries like JA by the mandatory malaria vaccination.

In fact the death toll in tropical and sub-tropical regions (if we can trust the numbers) appears much lower than colder zones. There's a theory backed by some evidence that a hot, humid climate tends to rapidly retard and/or kill the virus as compared to cold regions.

In Africa where the health systems and heath outcomes are in many/most cases notoriously sub-standard (even compared to JA which is not good) the death toll attributed to Covid-19 is moderate to low. That's at this point in time.

The flu is a Coronavirus...It's just not novel i.e. new. Covid-19 is novel. Every Fall it's "Flu Season" in the US and similar countries. 100s of thousands of mostly elderly or health-compromised people may die depending on the flu type. Millions get inoculated.

Does JA or other similarly-situated countries places have this massive problem? Nope. There's a reason and it's climate-related.

Heat matters it appears. The malaria vaccine may matter also. JA and other hot zones may be beneficiaries. But these likely pre-existing advantages have to be combined with the widely know mitigation measures which GOJ for example...and many other governments have put in place.

Just goes to show that comparing outcomes directly between differing countries and then using that to gauge the effectiveness of "government responses" is often an exercise in propaganda and/or ignorance...i.e. Dummy Territory. Statistical comparative analysis works with like vs like

Dummies like Trump and others use stats for propaganda. So Dummy Donald is a two-fer
    Last edited by Don1; May 14, 2020, 12:02 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
      I'd say there are very few countries where we can "trust the numbers" so if that's the case in JA it's far from unusual. What will be difficult to conceal are unusual spikes in deaths (or virus symptoms in the infected) and the toll in JA seems relatively low per capita with no unusual reports of surges in mortality or symptomatic rates.

There may be resistance built up in many countries like JA by the mandatory malaria vaccine inoculation.

In fact the death toll in tropical and sub-tropical regions (if we can trust the numbers) appears much lower than colder zones. There's a theory backed by some evidence that a hot, humid climate tends to retard and/or kill the virus as compared to cold regions.

In Africa where the health systems and heath outcomes are in many/most cases notoriously sub-standard (even compared to JA which is not good) the death toll attributed to Covid-19 is moderate to low. That's at this point in time.

Heat matters it appears. The malaria vaccine may matter also. JA and other hot zones may be beneficiaries. But these likely pre-existing advantages have to be combined with the widely know mitigation measures which GOJ for example...and many other governments have put in place.

Just goes to show that comparing outcomes directly between differing countries and then using that to gauge the effectiveness of "government responses" is often an exercise in propaganda and/or ignorance...i.e. Dummy Territory. Statistical comparative analysis works with like vs like

Dummies like Trump and others use stats for propaganda. So Dummy Donald is a two-fer

Agreed, looking at the mortality rate it is low,I bet the spread / transmission numbers are higher and I dont see any rush on the hospitals or funeral homes/ cemeteries, so I can only speculate something in our past medical practices and current cultural herbal remedies are playing variables in the outcomes. We should see mortality rates spiking now ,if not now by September. I would bet if it doesnt spike by then,wi safe,because that spread in my opinion is far greater than our testing capabilities.
      Last edited by Sir X; May 14, 2020, 12:39 PM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

It is amazing how we are dwelling on low mortality rate as opposed the exponential increase regarding newly infected persons. The low mortality has everything to do the resilience of the individual(not doctors or the stringent measures implemented by the PM).
        It was only yesterday the figure was barely over 100 and with the blink of an eye it is now over 500 despite...
        Some would want me to credit the PM for implementing ..) when we have grown accustomed to Govt abridging the rights of its people, those same people would want me to take the issued statements from the JCF as gispel truth when lying ang killing are what it does best.
        Then there are those outsiders, the spaced out analysts..

Comment

I am not dwelling on it, I am looking at all variables with the most detrimental outcome being mortality.

Comment

I said "we"..
            The rate of new cases is alarming, and certainly suggests anything other than it leveling off.

Comment

True and the end result is mortality, so shouldnt we be concerned about it at least the variables to it ?

Comment

Gwaan Anju!!!

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                True and the end result is mortality, so shouldnt we be concerned about it at least the variables to it ?
                If JA can sustain high infection rates with very low mortality that's actually the best of all worlds in a pandemic environment.

Why? Because the country can attain "herd immunity" over time...and be resistant to future infections. It's just science.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Our methodology and outcomes will soon be under international scrutinty.

Comment

People with Herpes become sexually aroused when they have an outbreak,THAT has eveything with the germs desire to spread.
                    It is possible for Covid 19 to morphed into a strain that can create havoc where it was environmentally subdued.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                      People with Herpes become sexually aroused when they have an outbreak,THAT has eveything with the germs desire to spread.
                      It is possible for Covid 19 to morphed into a strain that can create havoc where it was environmentally subdued.
                      Rocky this sounds totally amazing but I'm totally confused by it

Comment

Sumpting about brainless germs able to adapt and have we great humans and other animals do its will.
                        There are a few examples too.

Comment

The poit as was making is whereas there is undeniably a correlation with tropical temperatures and infestation..., that can change.

Comment

What is the correlation with tropical temperatures ?

Comment

Working...
                            X