No announcement yet.

Bartlett wants big shopping malls for cruise market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be humble is .....,have you questioned OJ why I am singled out,consistently ! Then his sidekick Sass jumps in.Jangle mentioned (Bahamas) also .When I take them to task they cry foul in some cases tears.

Its not as if I dont try and ignore gramatical struggling clowns.I do.

Yes Bahamas needs us and that includes and not limited to Nassau.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Wrong again, nothing sells like Rasta items, we have a niche that is Rasta/African Gold.Let me get this I or an american tourist is going to spend 1 to 2k on a cruise to buy duty free diamonds and rolex when they can go to the nearest china town or wholesale market and get same .

Young ,old and middle age want the real ital products.As usual yuh underate yuh culture,it sells.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

It would be like St. Mary get hit. There are a few hotels and lodges there but it wouldn't be the major part of our tourism product.

I can't help your dumbness. How can you not explain the different between a physiclal trainer and a coaching trainer? JAMAL calling you.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

St Mary , really does it have all-inclusive resorts and golf courses.As for the coaching trainer, I have never heard of or met one in all my life with a degree,its something that lay folk make up who struggle with grammar.Surely you dont suggest the island hit in the bahamas was a backwater like St Mary .

Clown

Comment

duty free diamonds, emeralds, rolex watches and artisan products are not mutually exclusive. My recent visit to Jamaica was split between Mobay and Kingston. I ended up buying artisan products from Carby's in Kingston. Jamaica could do well with a couple of high-end malls near tourist centers. Dubai has the world's largest and second largest malls in the world and I can tell you that these two malls alone attracts thousands of tourists per day.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Still doesn't make sense to spend on average 1 k for a cruise when you can buy them at off market strips,every borough has one in NYC and long island, just pay cash..Dubai is a different clientele. Most of these cruise passengers arent high end spenders .

Comment

....erm...please stick to your Loserfool diatribes. I've said many times over that Jamaicans need to change their perception of tourists and tourism and why people travel to foreign lands. My little travelling contingent dropped about US$500 between us at Carby's buying trinkets and other foolishness. We also spent money when we went to the Dubai malls and we are not high end spenders. It is the experience that tourists pay for without sweating over the cost. Having a high end mall near a cruise port is a major attraction for cruise passengers after being on the seas for days. Many cruise passengers are elderly who cannot go on land excursions and who would prefer to stroll around inside an air-conditioned mall before re-boarding the ship.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

We once went on a cruise that stop in JA and then Cayman Island the next day. They actually told the guest onboard to save their money for the Columbia Emerals and the high end jewelry stores in C.I. and St Marten.. You can buy a tshirt and red green and gold belt anywhere.... One of my favourite places was a place in St. Maarten that sold Egyptian White shirts, pants ect .. something different that had purpose....

Comment

Coming from a 1st world country you can buy high end jewelry at your front door or delivered to it.Any way as Jangle said its not mutually exclusive, so we agree.The duty free is here nor there , off market strips are everywhere in NY (cash)

I just dont see the high end thing as any value to an american tourist.

Comment

have you been to St.Mary? You have some big hotels there, just in case you don't know.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

But no gulf courses and yacht club's.

Comment

how that come into this argument??

Comment

You brought it in clown ,when you referenced it to St Mary.

Comment

Jangle...please leave X alone...………….
                              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

You have no idea. I have friend who told me his dad was a sailor and he bought a watch in Kingston Jamaica about 40 years ago and his dad gave it to him and he cherish that watch and want to go to Jamaica when he gets a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X