Paul Lowe – A victim of the justice system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Lowe – A victim of the justice system

Software developer Paul Lowe, who had been a victim of the justice system for 20 years, is very disappointed that he had to leave Jamaica, his homeland, to seek a living in Canada.

“I used to say as a youngster that I am not leaving Jamaica, I am going to make my living here,” said Lowe.

However, Lowe told The Sunday Gleaner last week that despite his pledge, he had to flee his country years later because of financial hardships and emotional distress.

Lowe, who was described as the forerunner in the bill-payment software business, had his hopes dashed to pieces in 2000 when bill-payment company Paymaster Jamaica Ltd sued Lowe and GraceKennedy Remittance Services (GKRS) Ltd for breach of copyright of a software.

Paymaster claimed it had exclusive right to a software that Lowe first sold to it. Lowe subsequently sold a bill-payment software to GKRS.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...justice-system
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

I hope that's US dollars,did tourism drive that tech industry . Lol
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

a victim of naivety you mean...this is why you need to spend the money on a competent lawyer when entering into contracts...this all could have been avoided with proper legal representation:

Originally posted by Supreme Court of Jamaica
      There is an astonishing lack of clarity in the contractual arrangements between Paymaster and Paul Lowe regarding ownership in the copyright to the Paymaster Multi-Payment Software. Paymaster says there is an implied agreement between the parties that the copyright belongs to them.

Comment

Working...
      X