• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP (Daddy U Roy)

A style of his own,Thanks!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ed29WS0760

Tell me a lie !
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Legend ,thanks for your years and deeds of service. This man deserves a national funeral. NO INTERNATIONAL FUNERAL.

WAKE THE TOWN AND TELL THE PEOPLE!

RIP!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

RIP Daddy Roy. I was just talking about a song he did recently with Richie Stephens.

The original DJ (Toaster). "Chicka Bow"
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Great, great man. gone to a better place.
          I was talking to an elder the other day and he told me a story. This was back in the day when Daddy Roy was in his day (at one point he had seven of the top ten songs on the chart). Big Youth was the newcomer looking to make a name for himself. At a dance where URoy was on the mic Big Youth and his entourage walked in. Big Youth walked past Daddy Roy and shouted " FYAH".
          Without missing a beat while riding the Riddim Daddy Roy said:
          " And Watah De Yah Fi Out It Iyah " The whole dance tear down and Big Youth beat a hasty retreat,

RIP mi General.

Comment

My uncle ( ex soldier) told me he use to be the security man along with Daddy Roy's cousin ,who was also a soldier and they had fun waking the town and telling the people,he said he would call him simply " DJ" .

We are loosing alot of musical history in the last 10 years.Ahhhh sahhhh!

Comment

Simply the most influential ever touch a Mike.

Comment

yeah I remember when he had a lot in charts "Wear you to the ball" etc. That was when I started listen to radio. He took over like storm.

He was also "father" to Charlie Chaplin and to "prodigal son" Josie Wales. U-Roy influence I-roy, Ranking Joe etc and later the generation of the 80s.

Respect Daddy Roy.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I think he was also the first "toaster" who toasted on a record and made it a hit

Comment

Yes you're right about that.

Comment

Working...
                    X