Boyz Underperforming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyz Underperforming!

Let me first state that this group of ballers is the most talented and professional club experienced group we have probably ever had especially so with virtually all players except Hector born and bred playing real yardball.

Blake a top three keeper in the MLS, Taxi possibly the best left back in MLS, Bailey an incredible producer in a top four league in the world, Nicholson the most improved player after hitting snowy climes with massive potential to improve with better finishing. That is just the tip of the iceberg, Flemming, Lambert, Vassell, Orgill and a plethora of others bubbling under the lid.

So what makes for under performance with so many gifts!! It is the culture of complacency which we saw well displayed in the first round of the Gold cup. The goals given up in the first round and a GD of one is the product of 'cruising' and not playing to close to full capability, that is what the coach should be helping to bring out.

Acceptance of mediocre performance brings more mediocracy and worse losses at critical points to weaker teams. The game against Curacao was virtually a loss.

The disciplined play of a team like Curacao exemplifies what Jamaica is missing, execution, composure and the fire to attack and defend for 90 minutes never mind 120 minutes.

The play of Haiti and Costa Rica yesterday against stronger opposition was amazing, every ball closed out with players in their defensive half especially in the second half and beyond was closed out and tracked with a strong dose of desperation there was no cruising at all.

Cruising mentality will send Jamaica out of this tournament and disciplined play is not something you can turn on and off it must be practiced.

Panama always plays hungrier than Jamaica when they play us even coming into the office and eating our supper, this should be personal for Tappa but after all these years I think his weaknesses are not selecting the best players regardless of personal feeling, not inculcating a hard professional discipline, Game execution, weak technical application on set pieces both in attack and especially in defense. Results are decent at times but never build in an accumulation type way always seem to be starting over, this comes to the real culprit which may be all JFF.

So where do we go from here, I would love to see Ja ball go to a CEO led football operation selected by the board to run the entire operation, separating the operation of the team from the everyday up and downs of the Jff administration team.

I mean a real CEO with real experience running other profit and surplus driven organizations not done best friend of the people on the board, of course this will probably never happen as most top administrators in most Jamaican sports act like Kings and every decision is based on the whims of personal issues, much like we are seeing with Jaaa and Danielle Williams situation pure ego business.

The CEO would get a yearly budget but also be in charge of making deals on the revenue and sponsorship side with a mandate to create a surplus in order to drive real development into national team football.

This would wipe away the foolishness of the issue continually brought up by players on the eve of tournaments and create more consistency for all national teams with 100% focus on playing ball, discipline and all the detail in developing a more solid technical approach across all teams.

The weak points here and now are discipline and execution which can be overcome by strong focus and discipline in short term but the real improvement must come at the Jff structure level in order to truly maximize the potential of this super talented group and the waves coming behind it until that happens it will always be just wishes dashed in the wind.

Originally posted by Stonigut
    Let me first state that this group of ballers is the most talented and professional club experienced group we have probably ever had especially so with virtually all players except Hector born and bred playing real yardball.

Blake a top three keeper in the MLS, Taxi possibly the best left back in MLS, Bailey an incredible producer in a top four league in the world, Nicholson the most improved player after hitting snowy climes with massive potential to improve with better finishing. That is just the tip of the iceberg, Flemming, Lambert, Vassell, Orgill and a plethora of others bubbling under the lid.

So what makes for under performance with so many gifts!! It is the culture of complacency which we saw well displayed in the first round of the Gold cup. The goals given up in the first round and a GD of one is the product of 'cruising' and not playing to close to full capability, that is what the coach should be helping to bring out.

Acceptance of mediocre performance brings more mediocracy and worse losses at critical points to weaker teams. The game against Curacao was virtually a loss.

The disciplined play of a team like Curacao exemplifies what Jamaica is missing, execution, composure and the fire to attack and defend for 90 minutes never mind 120 minutes.

The play of Haiti and Costa Rica yesterday against stronger opposition was amazing, every ball closed out with players in their defensive half especially in the second half and beyond was closed out and tracked with a strong dose of desperation there was no cruising at all.

Cruising mentality will send Jamaica out of this tournament and disciplined play is not something you can turn on and off it must be practiced.

Panama always plays hungrier than Jamaica when they play us even coming into the office and eating our supper, this should be personal for Tappa but after all these years I think his weaknesses are not selecting the best players regardless of personal feeling, not inculcating a hard professional discipline, Game execution, weak technical application on set pieces both in attack and especially in defense. Results are decent at times but never build in an accumulation type way always seem to be starting over, this comes to the real culprit which may be all JFF.

So where do we go from here, I would love to see Ja ball go to a CEO led football operation selected by the board to run the entire operation, separating the operation of the team from the everyday up and downs of the Jff administration team.

I mean a real CEO with real experience running other profit and surplus driven organizations not done best friend of the people on the board, of course this will probably never happen as most top administrators in most Jamaican sports act like Kings and every decision is based on the whims of personal issues, much like we are seeing with Jaaa and Danielle Williams situation pure ego business.

The CEO would get a yearly budget but also be in charge of making deals on the revenue and sponsorship side with a mandate to create a surplus in order to drive real development into national team football.

This would wipe away the foolishness of the issue continually brought up by players on the eve of tournaments and create more consistency for all national teams with 100% focus on playing ball, discipline and all the detail in developing a more solid technical approach across all teams.

The weak points here and now are discipline and execution which can be overcome by strong focus and discipline in short term but the real improvement must come at the Jff structure level in order to truly maximize the potential of this super talented group and the waves coming behind it until that happens it will always be just wishes dashed in the wind.
    I agree. Its a culture of We-reach-where-we-going-already that is keeping us back in every aspect of Jamaican life. Recently had a heated with a Jamaican who was arguing that Jamaica had better roads than the USA. We need to take a page from the Usain Bolt playbook, and some even argue that he could have ran faster if he really wanted to.

You said the Boyz are underperforming, I would say they are not even performing.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut

Now you make good sense Stoni

Yuh kriss once yuh stay far from di MBA/Data Modeling ting fi select balla
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

What a horrible game that was, they couldn't make a pass. Defending was also suspect, Panama was given a lot of space especially at the end.
        I cannot understand why Tappa playing Flemming almost exclusively and he goes down with just the slightest touch. Why Tappa does not play Lambert and Vasselk we need to see the youth them step up yet we still seeing Hacka??

Comment

Yuh a joke man, science/ robotics man like you should know that can be a significant selection factor. We have much deeper problems than that right now.

Comment

🙏🏿💪🏿😎
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
              What a horrible game that was, they couldn't make a pass. Defending was also suspect, Panama was given a lot of space especially at the end.
              I cannot understand why Tappa playing Flemming almost exclusively and he goes down with just the slightest touch. Why Tappa does not play Lambert and Vasselk we need to see the youth them step up yet we still seeing Hacka??
              Why on earth Tappa doesnt bench Flemmings. It is becoming a crisis and the JFF needs to step in. Its getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                TAPPA been needed to go faaaaaar away from the NATIONAL TEAM as possible because with him JAMAICAN FOOTBALL WILL NEVER REACH ANYWHERE, TAPPA ain't no DAM COACH all of his win as been LUCKY WIN, he can't even get a coaching job in the RSPL but he is coaching our NATIONAL TEAM.....KISS TEETH
                out of many one people

Comment

It's purely economics.
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Can’t be luck boss ...in the seni 4 times in a row

Comment

The problem with our team is with our very long passing which is not accurate and been too direct. We need to work more passes through the midfield, isolate the wingers one on one. We have two good wingbacks who can recover from beating and win a lot of ball. We have a good defensive mid who shield the defense and make a few good passes. We have a very good centerback and goalie. We are lacking good combination and accurate passing. We are lacking good positioning. We win because we are strong and a have good players with basic skills. We need advance knowledge to change the game.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

We have two of the best wing back that cut off a lot of play wide, We have a good defensive mid and a good centerback and goale.

That is why we are lucky.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                        X