CPAC attendee tested positive for COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPAC attendee tested positive for COVID-19

President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and other administration officials attended the conference:
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...or-coronavirus
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/07/polit...ive/index.html

It seem that there is more in Washington. A co worker of mine went to a meeting in Washington in late Feb and now she is down with it. I wonder how much testing done in Washington?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

WTH are you talking about???.......Did you think about this before you responded???
      1. Washington D.C. has over 700,000 residents.
      2. Over 800,000 people work in Washington D.C., daily, with thousands of those commuting from out of state, from as far as Philadelphia & Delaware.......There are also thousands of D.C. residents who commute daily to work out of state, predominantly in Maryland & Virginia.
      3. In 2018, Washington D.C. had about 22 million domestic tourist - about 61% were leisure travelers, and 39% were business travelers.
      4. Two categories of jobs in Washington D.C. are local and federal. D.C. government has no jurisdiction over federal employees.

***Please explain what type of testing would be effective??? How would D.C. afford to test these MILLIONS of people??? How would D.C. track and do daily tests of its residents and out of state employees???

Comment

The fact is there is the numbers are not showing a lot of infection in Washington DC and suspect there are infected there than the number is saying. Yes there is a lot of people in Washington like anywhere else but I bet within the next few weeks you will see a lot more in Washington DC as my co-worker simple took a trip and not large gathering. It is mostly likely in the plane, or transport hub or hotel she got this and I am concern that this could have spread to many others. Washington DC wasn't even on the listed state for infection when she traveled there.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

With the amount of traveling and movement done by the population throughout the U.S., every state must be considered a possible contamination point.......The first thing is that both the state and federal government must take coronavirus serious, and whatever comprehensive plan the government comes up with, to combat coronavirus, we need a disciplined society to make it work, and the U.S. does not have a disciplined society.

Comment

Well my co worker went to the hospital twice and they sent her home, It was on the third time that she visited they tested her.

I was reading some stats and South Korea test more people in 1 day than the US test in 1 week.

We may not have a discipline society but right now a lot of people are listening and we need proper message and support from the government.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...y-soon-improve

Comment

Working...
            X