Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, they have revoked Vaz's

US visa. I wonder why?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

They also revoked Paulwell and some security officers.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      They also revoked Paulwell and some security officers.
      Is there something about these two men that we dont know or the US Secretary of State woke up and said" let me see whose visa I can cancel today"?.

Comment

Funny thing is both of them are good friends so........

It maybe nothing but it could be something so let us see.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          Funny thing is both of them are good friends so........

It maybe nothing but it could be something so let us see.
          Maybe nothing?. Interesting.
          What is nothing to one man might be something to another man. I guess we'll never know.
          I wonder if Ruel Reid and the probable thief from CMU could get visas to travel to the USA?

Comment

Remember the US can revoke Visa base on nothing but rumors or contacts. In so many cases look at the Jamaican artists who get revoked and end up getting back their visas, but we have to take it serious based on the position that these two have. Let us hope we will get more info.

Comment

He has also shared correspondence from the US Embassy which informed him that “Subsequent to the visa issuance, information has come to light that you may be ineligible for a visa. If you would like to travel to the United States, you must re-apply.”

This is what was said on the radio

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie
                US visa. I wonder why?
                Maybe its nothing or maybe they are two criminals. We will never know

Comment

Vaz is done, you may as well stick a fork in him.
                  I based it on previous instances when it occurred, what invariably followed (independent if the Embassy)is shocking revelation that justified the revocation.

Peculiarly, the government have been embracing spying on its citizens, and may very well have forgotten, as hard as it is to believe, they are themselves mere citizens,the pigs in the animal farm.

Entertainers are held to a different standard, they are subjected to our judiciary, Sass.

Comment

Remember they took away Robertson's and most likely others are taken away too. There are also police whose visa is taken away but they go on living a decent life. Again a lot of people have their visa taken away. Entertainers are not really of different standard in my book as the US take away visa from a lot of professionals. It is sad and embarrassing but he stand a chance of getting it back, depend on the reason they took it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                      Vaz is done, you may as well stick a fork in him.
                      I based it on previous instances when it occurred, what invariably followed (independent if the Embassy)is shocking revelation that justified the revocation.

Peculiarly, the government have been embracing spying on its citizens, and may very well have forgotten, as hard as it is to believe, they are themselves mere citizens,the pigs in the animal farm.

Entertainers are held to a different standard, they are subjected to our judiciary, Sass.
                      Interesting take. I never found Vaz to be a paticularly intelligent or charismatic person anyway. Seems to be a kind of hard working politician though. Not a whole lot to show for the hard work, probably due to his mediocrity.

Comment

Vaz= Criminal , want to be Don from his young days. I remember a story a friend told me,where he was accosted by the young Vaz in the most deragtory racial/classist terms over the allegation of a stolen bicycle,unberknowst to him my friend had as much political and social standing as him.

It would not surprise me, if he found himself on the wrong side of the Jamaica or US law in the near future.
                        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                          Vaz= Criminal , want to be Don from his young days. I remember a story a friend told me,where he was accosted by the young Vaz in the most deragtory racial/classist terms over the allegation of a stolen bicycle,unberknowst to him my friend had as much political and social standing as him.

It would not surprise me, if he found himself on the wrong side of the Jamaica or US law in the near future.
                          I tend to believe that you are right. He always gives me the impression that he is a poorly educated moron, but that's just my impression. Well, if he is a criminal let us hope that he indeed comes down on the wrong side of the law. Maybe the US government can force the corrupt Jamaican government to make him an example. That would be a good start, don't you think?.

Comment

Working...
                          X