RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mango on its way, hope we get some this time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mango on its way, hope we get some this time.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...ZWHVHNxqI1JW5E
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

There we go again. Kiss me teeth.
    Always a hype and no result.
    Where are they shipping it to?. South Florida again?
    Mangos are grown in Florida. They need to ship it to the northeast especially NY. You go to the stores there and there is no end of Haitian mangos, Mexican mangos, and recently mangos from the DR, Brazil and Ecuador, and they are all clean and worm-free. Every year at this time we get these announcements and newspaper photographs with a set of Jamaican over-rated haberdashers telling the world how great Jamaican mangos are and how much they are in demand and how much they are going to claim a portion of the market because its the best mango in the world and on and on. So what happen?

Comment

Everything you say mi support except a the second year. While mi glad the farmers them a make a money it is woefully short as the demand is there for the mango. What we need to hear is how they will create the supply to fit the demand.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
        There we go again. Kiss me teeth.
        Always a hype and no result.
        Where are they shipping it to?. South Florida again?
        Mangos are grown in Florida. They need to ship it to the northeast especially NY. You go to the stores there and there is no end of Haitian mangos, Mexican mangos, and recently mangos from the DR, Brazil and Ecuador, and they are all clean and worm-free. Every year at this time we get these announcements and newspaper photographs with a set of Jamaican over-rated haberdashers telling the world how great Jamaican mangos are and how much they are in demand and how much they are going to claim a portion of the market because its the best mango in the world and on and on. So what happen?
        Jamaican mangoes for New York market
        http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...-market_196031

Comment

We will see if anybody can find them.

Comment

Dem people yah a play wid me emotions. Me see seh dem mention me Queen, East Indian. Brooklyn fer from me but....
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

yeah man a long ride to Brooklyn for you up inna the hills.

Comment

Bought two boxes of Jamaican Julies this morning. Paid $52.58 each. Wanted to get one box of Julies and one box of E. Indian but they were out of East Indians. They were appropriately ripe. Tried a few for comparison with other varieties in taste and price. In conclusion, the Francine variety from Haiti is superior in taste and better value fir money.
                The julie is sweet ip front with a slightly tart taste on the back end. Nothing special about the fragrance. The Francine is sweeter than the Julie, very consistent taste with a nice nuanced vanillin taste and fragrance. The Francine is a little stringy compared to the Julie. The Francine is also Jucier. At 20.00 per box of Francine you have a better product at a better price. At 52.00 for a box of Julie one is simply falling victim to another overrated, overpriced Jamaican agriciltural product. The Julie is superior to the Doninican mango, which is also far cheaper and much superior to the Mexican mango if you think of eating out of hand.

Comment

Good, at least you get the mango. I personally think East Indian is the best mango I have. The mango from the Domincan Republic which HL sent me is the best I have in the US and it takes a lot longer to go bad. It is fleshy and not stringy and right down to the seed it is good. I find the Haitan Mango goes bad too quick, you have to eat them fast.

Anyway it is good that you get some. I understand in NY at a certain store it came there and the store open at 8:AM and by 8:10 it was gone. The store owner asking people for telephone address for the next shipment. With that kind of demand the price is not going to come down if anything it is going higher. I just hope the Jamaican farmer getting a decent deal, and just the distributor.

Comment

I got a taste of the Dominican mangoes. Unfortunately I didn’t like them. They were a bit too fleshy and fresh. This goes to show just different we humans are in our likes and dislikes. I like my mangoes stringy and a little tart because I eat them with salt.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

yeah man I understand. My wife and I have totally different taste in Mango. I like them stringy or fleshy but sweet down to the seed. One Mango I did't like backy home is beefy mango. I also hate the little yellow ones from Mexico.
                      Last edited by Assasin; June 14, 2020, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        Good, at least you get the mango. I personally think East Indian is the best mango I have. The mango from the Domincan Republic which HL sent me is the best I have in the US and it takes a lot longer to go bad. It is fleshy and not stringy and right down to the seed it is good. I find the Haitan Mango goes bad too quick, you have to eat them fast.

Anyway it is good that you get some. I understand in NY at a certain store it came there and the store open at 8:AM and by 8:10 it was gone. The store owner asking people for telephone address for the next shipment. With that kind of demand the price is not going to come down if anything it is going higher. I just hope the Jamaican farmer getting a decent deal, and just the distributor.
                        No doubt. The Haitian Francine mango goes bad real fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                          I got a taste of the Dominican mangoes. Unfortunately I didn’t like them. They were a bit too fleshy and fresh. This goes to show just different we humans are in our likes and dislikes. I like my mangoes stringy and a little tart because I eat them with salt.
                          Ooh...I know that preference.

Those Dominicans I found very good eating. That batch of Haitians...were not representative.
                          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

Julie is my favorite too. But those Dominicans make me not miss Julie..............
                            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

how many julie come in a box? how many francine come in a box? what is the weight difference in boxes if any?

Comment

Working...
                              X