Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gwaan Bartlett

https://www.eturbonews.com/573684/th...OCR_UKKxgzmIoA
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

430$ million loss/day; employ 350 thousand workers; massive BILLION $ loss/year !

Tourism in Jamaica is a waste of time !!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

All that money and our GDP has been stuck at negative to 1 % at best for the past 40 years,but frigg that since showa inna powa because that's when Brick like to look at things.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

a wonder if that includes the ones working on ship. other islands and the North America work programs?

Not only that but you see manufacturers a bawl, how many farmers a cry for it and other business? Not only Jamaica but places like our Atl, New York and others can't wait to get some sort of stability, Also consider how many Aerospace company close right now because there is no planes flying, you know how many engineers and producers are bawling? They all depend on tourism and travel.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

…...you got my 'ssassin!

HL

Comment

total waste of time...

Comment

wrong & strong...economy grew 7% under Seaga in the late eighties...then came the world class wrecking drew in the 1990's...during a period of worldwide economic boom:

Comment

yeah man, mi have fi add a little.

Memba how tourism a go get busted? Well them never know so many things depend on tourism including the best of technology. New plane, New car, and so may others -. Now all a them a wait on travel and tourism to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                  430$ million loss/day; employ 350 thousand workers; massive BILLION $ loss/year !
                  A monkey money that. We could be making triple that amount......if we transform Jamaica's economy to a STEM driven economy.....in the next 15 years.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yes cause when Tourism grow 10 percent, nothing else grow, not manufacturing, not mining, non investment. It goes to show that tourism is not the problem but policies, and the other sectors. One sector contribution so much, what are the other contributing?

Don't even talk bout music because tourism is a major contributor to the music industry.

Comment

like Singapore...problem is we want Singapore lifestyle while maintaining a third world mentality...National ID System so we can actually identify our citizens & swiftly cater to their needs? Nope...violation of our human rights...i guess we have the human right to be murdered in our houses though...we are a backward people...with backward thinking...

Comment

mining & quarry industry declined by 37%...worldwide bauxite demand has fallen...so the chinese shuttered their plants here...now imagine if we didn't have tourism to fall back on?

Comment

Jangle!!!...………………………………

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                            mining & quarry industry declined by 37%...worldwide bauxite demand has fallen...so the chinese shuttered their plants here...now imagine if we didn't have tourism to fall back on?
                            While Stem saved the world and carried the world on its shoulders, imagine if we had more of a % in that industry, we could have used it as a spring board to get out of this pandemic/recession.
                            Last edited by Sir X; June 8, 2020, 11:45 AM.
                            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

like Singapore...problem is we want Singapore lifestyle while maintaining a third world mentality...National ID System so we can actually identify our citizens & swiftly cater to their needs? Nope...violation of our human rights...i guess we have the human right to be murdered in our houses though...we are a backward people...with backward thinking...

Comment

Working...
                              X