RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mango on its way, hope we get some this time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
    how many julie come in a box? how many francine come in a box? what is the weight difference in boxes if any?
    Approx 18 julies on.average. Each quite small I must say.Francine about 10 per box. The content of thhe Julie boxes is quite loose while the Francine box is tightly packed. The dimension of the boxes is the same. In other words the Feancines are much larger than the julies. Sweeter, more complex taste, much better value for money. I eat a lot of mangoes ant thats my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
      Bought two boxes of Jamaican Julies this morning. Paid $52.58 each. Wanted to get one box of Julies and one box of E. Indian but they were out of East Indians. They were appropriately ripe. Tried a few for comparison with other varieties in taste and price. In conclusion, the Francine variety from Haiti is superior in taste and better value fir money.
      The julie is sweet ip front with a slightly tart taste on the back end. Nothing special about the fragrance. The Francine is sweeter than the Julie, very consistent taste with a nice nuanced vanillin taste and fragrance. The Francine is a little stringy compared to the Julie. The Francine is also Jucier. At 20.00 per box of Francine you have a better product at a better price. At 52.00 for a box of Julie one is simply falling victim to another overrated, overpriced Jamaican agriciltural product. The Julie is superior to the Doninican mango, which is also far cheaper and much superior to the Mexican mango if you think of eating out of hand.
      Love your analysis ReggaePhD. I can see you seated at a mango judging contest...sourcing for the business market

You did not mention the unit cost for the Jamaican mangoes. An estimate of 12/box...is a whopping $4+. Overpriced imo.

What is the name if the Dominican mangoes? Those I find very sweet. Love it's overall texture and juiciness. Haitian when you get a good batch are excellent!

Jamaica is faaaaar from being a mango producing country. We would not rank in the top 10 mango producing countries.

I was in London a few years ago...and bought a mango from India. I had to return to the grocery shop to buy at least a dozen. They were like honey! never tasted anything like it after.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Those are some very small mangoes for over $3.00 apiece. I would still buy it because of the unique flavor and taste.

Supply and demand win in this initial shipment. Lets see if they can maintain this price point.

BTW...when the growers in Jamaica learn of the retail price, I am sure they are going to demand more...……………………………………⠀¦..!

HL

Comment

yeah man. Good still. We can all agree with this that Jamaica is not a top mango producing country and the fact is we use to produce more.
          However mango in most places just grow naturally and not farmed in Jamaica. Because of this the taste might not be consistent, quantity is low and quality is compromised

Hopefully with the demand,. the supply will grow and quality.

For me the East Indian is the best mango but I have tasted so many varieties including the longie, blackie, Sweetie and Julie which are two of my favorites too. While I don't know the varieties I may know the country but many of these mangoes I wouldn't eat if i could get some of my favorite varieties. Just like in mango season a yard and I don't eat stringy or beefy

The Domincan mangoes you gave me was good. I don't know if you remember the term "fluxy mango". We have to keep in mind that sometimes for some reason a batch of mangoes may not be good because of season, or location so that may make a difference in taste. The last set of Julie mango I bought in the 90 looked fit and I bought them green in NY and they never riped.

Le me tell you if you go Black hill in Portland you have some of the best sweetie mango, If you go Long Road St. Mary some of the best Long mango you can get. We need a concerted effort to produce and export some of the mangoes. I say let the tasters choose
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

"BTW...when the growers in Jamaica learn of the retail price, I am sure they are going to demand more...……………………………………⠀¦..!"

Not sure of that because everything Jamaican is expensive, a the middleman them make most of the profit. Hope the farmers can get some still.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              One day I gwine tell yuh a story....cho mek me tell yuh now. When me was a bwoy, me used to live a Havendale. Anybaddy weh kno Havendale know seh every yard have at least two or "tree" mango trees. Well, the yard behind mine did have two big ole East Indian mango trees and it come een like seh di peeple dem weh live de neva use to eat mango and barely come out inna dem backyard. Plus dem did have bout 4 horse dawgs. Di dawg dem did big like young horse....and bad. Now as bwoy pickney yuh know seh we barely sensible. It was a crime fi see di two mango trees dem laden wid big, juicy, bright yellow East Indian mangos a ripe pon tree. Underneath the tree dem did full a leaves and mango weh fall off a di tree dem....but di dyam wolf dem used to patrol di yard. So, as the leader of my crew, I had to come up wid a plan - about "tree" a di crew would go to di front and molest di young horse dem while me and another one scale di fence. Di plan worked like a charm. We each shimmied up a tree (as a bwoy if yuh caan climb tree den yuh muss be a maama bwoy) and start pick mangos and throw dem over to the catchers.

Every one I pick(ed) looked better and bigger than the last one....and of course me haffi tek a bite offa one. We inna di tree fi about a good 15 - 20 minutes. I swear, the ketchers had about 3 - 4 big piles. Talk bout craven.............there was one nice ripe one that was hanging way out on a limb. This was the one that started this whole escapade in motion . I was not leaving without it. So, clenching the mango seed tightly in my mouth (remember I was eating one in the tree.....dash whey?!!! Yuh crazy....East Indian mango seed haffi suck til it white!!!), I moved slowly out on the limb. The limb looked solid enough and there were no other branches to hold on to. This required concentration and balance. Slowly, inch by inch, stretching, I reached my prize. Success!!!! Cccrrrraaaackk!!!! Nuh di nice solid tree limb bruck wid me!!!! Boof!!!! Me drop like a ripe breadfruit. Me was more frightened than hurt. Me never have nuh time fi figure out which part a me a hurt because me never realize seh di young horse dem did stop howl outa front. All me know is dat me hear hoof beats a come towards me. Quarrie was a bwoy fi me dat day. I pick up my foot and mek a big sprint fi di fence and mek a big leap. Likkle most me nearly decapitate likkle Jangle head when me pants cratches hitch inna di fence. Laffing spoil the way me bredrin dem a dead. It was worth it though.
              I'll just.....
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

LOL!!!. have to laugh again.
                Them soon break this down that you a uptown man with a criminal past. LOL!!!

A tell you some a di sweetest East Indian mango was for Mr. Keith Noel (Actor and Principal) who use to live a Hughenden. Use to live beside my Auntie. Don't ask how I know.

Comment

Funny indeed!

BTW... Mi did have a gyal dat live a Havendale. Don't ask me her name....a figet.

HL

Comment

The Silent Consent of The Dummies

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    LOL!!!. have to laugh again.
                    Them soon break this down that you a uptown man with a criminal past. LOL!!!
                    You better believe that when I see a guy celebrating and supporting mass murderers like the vermin AKA Dudus I'll call them out. The Criminal Associate Dummy AKA Bricktop has publicly supported vermin like that so it qualifies for the treatment until the support is renounced

Meanwhile Tribal Hypocrites like you, Jangle etc -- see the guy's open support for mass murderers and remain silent. Silence = consent in law and life to a significant extent.

Yet I'm sure you hypocrities will bemoan criminality...when it suits your tribe's agenda.

Y'all are a big part of Jamaica's problems and examples of the reasons the country is a virtual sewer of violence, corruption and ignorance
                    Last edited by Don1; June 18, 2020, 01:13 PM.
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

what kina Mango you like? Julie, East Indian, blackie, stringy, longie, beefie, sweetie, addin, kidney, haitian, mexican, or dominica republic????

stick with the topic.

Comment

You cannot regulate my posts. I don't joke about murderers nor their supporters. If you don't want to risk my input...consider avoiding the subject.

It's up to you
                        Last edited by Don1; June 19, 2020, 06:47 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

sorry we posting on Julie etc here.

Comment

You post what you like..No problem from me there so no need for sorrow

I also post what I like...whenever and wherever I like. That's what "you can't regulate my posts" means

Comment

yeah you have been discussing that since 2007.
                              You just a hijack wi little mango post. cho man.

Comment

LOL! You brought up the criminal thing in your little mango post...knowing that it's an inflammatory issue here

Hijack?? Grow up
                                Last edited by Don1; June 20, 2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X