Gwaan Bartlett!!!!! LATAM strengthens connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gwaan Bartlett!!!!! LATAM strengthens connection

Tourism Minister Edmund Bartlett has described the commencement of LATAM's non-stop flights between Peru and Montego Bay as a major boost for the connection of the destination with the South American, which is now the fastest-growing region for Jamaica's tourism.

“We are going to play the role of being partners in creating one package and so the discussions are going to continue with the JTB and the tourism authorities in Peru, along with the JHTA, for us to develop these packages that will sell one destination with many experiences. We can sell China and we can sell Japan, we can sell Africa, and we can sell all of Eastern Europe and elsewhere, but more importantly, we can sell the rest of South America. So you can go to Peru, enjoy two nights, and come to Jamaica and spend a week. And it is a single fare that you pay and as for the hoteliers it is single package that will be provided,” Bartlett said.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...8?profile=1056
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

You think we might have a chinese problem, where food and language might be a hindrance?
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

good work.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Bartlett a sort that out, nuh stress yourself.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I would hate to see the result of not having a tourism industry in Jamaica.

Spent a week at Iburostar a few days ago.

The hotel industry is a dynamic employer. It employs almost every of service one can think of. There are also trickle down benefits to even those not directly associated with the industry.

As to the customer service interactions--Jamaica could easily rank with the 5 Star services of France, the US, Italy and other major tourist destinations.

You are strongest at what you do best. Jamaica is simply a wonderful tourism destination. Great beach, weather, friendly people, weed....are just few strong points...……………...
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Mi tell you fi take a trip up a blue mountain to drink some coffee and then to Port Antonio to complete the Jamaican experience. Tourism right now is a lot more dynamic than 10 years ago. People are earning more from tourism and it let some people be their own boss on their own time.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
              I would hate to see the result of not having a tourism industry in Jamaica.

Spent a week at Iburostar a few days ago.

The hotel industry is a dynamic employer. It employs almost every of service one can think of. There are also trickle down benefits to even those not directly associated with the industry.

As to the customer service interactions--Jamaica could easily rank with the 5 Star services of France, the US, Italy and other major tourist destinations.

You are strongest at what you do best. Jamaica is simply a wonderful tourism destination. Great beach, weather, friendly people, weed....are just few strong points...……………...
              More dummy thinking of the type JA has been afflicted with for ~60+ years of low skill & low value adding tourism being the leading economic sector

Only Dummies would expect that continuing an economic policy of tourism leadership that failed miserably in driving prosperity from the 1950s to date - would now lead to prosperity in the 21st Century Knowledge Age. The Age where Automation/Robotics/Coding/Artificial Intelligence etc run di place.

Dummies and Dummy Thinking are definitely not in short supply among Jamaicans

Pathetic
              Last edited by Don1; December 5, 2019, 11:26 PM.
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Have you suggested to Bartlett your wonderful idea that St Thomas be converted to the Whorehouse Capital of the Caribbean??? That Jamaican women should sell Crotches for Cash as a value-adding tourism sub-sector???

I'm sure your advocacy of Progress via Pumpum would be welcomed....

Woooiiiiee mi hypothalamus!!!!

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

So HL I just came from a quick vacation from Cabo San Lucas in Mexico, and I say that Jamaica is barely scratching the surface of it's potential tourism earnings. Los Cabos is made up of two towns, Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabos, that sit at the opposite end of Mexico Baja California Peninsula. There is approximately 50 miles in between the two towns with a beach front coastline. However, many of the beaches don't allow for swimming because of the strong undercurrent. That however, doesn't stop the millions of tourist that flock mainly Cabo San Lucas annually. Each day there were at least 5 crusie ships docked out at sea. The ships cannot dock onshore because there is only a marina, so the passengers are transported to and from by smaller boats. As touriststas, my group of 8, left the all-inclusive hotel with the excellent food and amenities and went out and dropped some US dollars on the nightlife, the restaurants and bought a few unnecessary trinkets and left many low skilled taxi drivers happy with the tips we left them. What really struck me though while there, was the number of on-going construction projects, massive hotels and new roads being cut, that was taking place. I saw pictures of what Cabo looked like 5 years ago to now. Right now the new hotels are being built outside of Cabo because of the rapid expansion. The hotel that I stayed at, Hotel Riu Palace Baja California, was celebrating its one year anniversary. The occupancy was near full. These places and destinations have nothing on Jamaica.

While at the airport waiting to board the plane, I witnessed small armies of around 20-25 airport workers lining up to service each plane as they taxied to the loading gate. Do the maths if and when Montego Bay becomes a connecting airport hub for South America through this Peru deal.

There are many Jamaicans who left Jamaica 20,30,40 years ago and only travel back to Jamaica each year without going to other places. They are the most vocal when it comes to Jamaica's economy and then there is the "educated" few who likes to hear the sound of their own voices and think their "opinions" are the right and only answers to Jamaica's economic development.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                    So HL I just came from a quick vacation from Cabo San Lucas in Mexico, and I say that Jamaica is barely scratching the surface of it's potential tourism earnings. Los Cabos is made up of two towns, Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabos, that sit at the opposite end of Mexico Baja California Peninsula. There is approximately 50 miles in between the two towns with a beach front coastline. However, many of the beaches don't allow for swimming because of the strong undercurrent. That however, doesn't stop the millions of tourist that flock mainly Cabo San Lucas annually. Each day there were at least 5 crusie ships docked out at sea. The ships cannot dock onshore because there is only a marina, so the passengers are transported to and from by smaller boats. As touriststas, my group of 8, left the all-inclusive hotel with the excellent food and amenities and went out and dropped some US dollars on the nightlife, the restaurants and bought a few unnecessary trinkets and left many low skilled taxi drivers happy with the tips we left them. What really struck me though while there, was the number of on-going construction projects, massive hotels and new roads being cut, that was taking place. I saw pictures of what Cabo looked like 5 years ago to now. Right now the new hotels are being built outside of Cabo because of the rapid expansion. The hotel that I stayed at, Hotel Riu Palace Baja California, was celebrating its one year anniversary. The occupancy was near full. These places and destinations have nothing on Jamaica.

While at the airport waiting to board the plane, I witnessed small armies of around 20-25 airport workers lining up to service each plane as they taxied to the loading gate. Do the maths if and when Montego Bay becomes a connecting airport hub for South America through this Peru deal.

There are many Jamaicans who left Jamaica 20,30,40 years ago and only travel back to Jamaica each year without going to other places. They are the most vocal when it comes to Jamaica's economy and then there is the "educated" few who likes to hear the sound of their own voices and think their "opinions" are the right and only answers to Jamaica's economic development.
                    Jangle my Roots, one of my favorite author Mark Twain writes :

travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts”.

I will comment further on your post when I get the time.

Welcome back home World Traveler !!!
                    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Only dummies believe visiting resorts confers to them an understanding of development economics. That's not how it works yuteman.

As it pertains to the economic transformation of backward, tourism-dependent countries like JA - only Dummies are impressed by "massive hotels" or whorehouses filled with grubby foreigners looking for sex.

By pushing these views it appears you're determined to remain a Dummy. But hey...that's your right...Don't stop atall

Unless JA finds itself on an elephant hydrocarbon field of say...10 billion barrels of oil-equivalent - the only way JA can be transformed sufficiently to reach its economic potential in this 21st Century is via a MASSIVE UPGRADE in its human capital.

That means BIG and sustained investments over 20-30 years in critical 21st century education applications e.g. Coding/Robotics/CAD/AR/VR/AI/IOT etc etc

Thinking that massive investments in low-skill tourism can lead to economic transformation and prosperity is the mark of a dummy who knows neither history nor basic economics

Comment

One of the best thing about Babylonia Americana is that it’s the great equalizer. An entrepreneurial landscaper who becomes a millionaire is the same as an IT coder who works for a corporation and goes on to become a millionaire. A school custodian, which is a nice title for the maintenance worker, can make more salary than that freshly minted college graduate with his fancy degree. A doorman working in Manhattan can make as much as a registered nurse. Your opinion is not the “Only” way JA can be transformed sufficiently to reach its economic potential.

Comment

One of the best thing about Babylonia Americana is that it’s the great equalizer. An entrepreneurial landscaper who becomes a millionaire is the same as an IT coder who works for a corporation and goes on to become a millionaire. A school custodian, which is a nice title for the maintenance worker, can make more salary than that freshly minted college graduate with his fancy degree. A doorman working in Manhattan can make as much as a registered nurse.
                          And what has this gibberish to do with my point i.e. the necessity to transform Jamaica in the new paradigm called the 21st Century????

NOTHING - Just more Dummy Talk

Your opinion is not the “Only” way JA can be transformed sufficiently to reach its economic potential
                          Perhaps - But since the tourism thing has been tried for 60+ years as Jamaica's "leading industry" and has comprehensively FAILED at leading the development of a modern and competitive economy - only Dummies would believe that out of the blue it'll suddenly be successful

The low-skill & low-value adding dynamics of tourism are unchanged so building more resorts & the whorehouses you advocate won't change the outcome - FAILURE

To have a chance at a better future JA cannot do more of the same. Tourism wasn't even good enuff for substantial progress in the 1960s, 70s, 80s, 90s...into 2 decades of this century

Only Dummies believe it'll be able to lead the JA economy to transformation and prosperity in the 3rd decade of the 21st century and beyond.
                          Last edited by Don1; December 7, 2019, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Bwoy you nuh have fi shut it down so at all. LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              Bwoy you nuh have fi shut it down so at all. LOL!!!
                              You mean he should be shut up by logic and 60+ years of evidence showing tourism failing to spark prosperity - except for a handful of resort, in-bond store and attraction property owners/managers.

But dummies say - let's shoot for 100 years of failure

Thankfully it seems a few policy experts like the new BOJ governor now have the balls to say the truth --

Tourism is a low-skill/low-value add industry which JA is dependent upon. This scenario needs to change if JA is to achieve a competitive 21st Century economy -

No IFs ANDs or BUTs about it
                              Last edited by Don1; December 7, 2019, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X