Jamaica capitalises on high-skill tourism jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica capitalises on high-skill tourism jobs

Minister of Tourism Edmund Bartlett has said Jamaica is moving quickly to capitalise on the opportunities for high-skilled employment in tourism.

The minister, who was speaking at a recent reception at the Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay to welcome LATAM Airlines’ direct service to the island, said the move will see citizens accessing more substantive jobs.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...l-tourism-jobs
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

LOL! Mr Ed downplays tourism's sad reality...

It is not many tourism jobs that are low-skill -- It's the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY

But Mr Ed is a tourism sales guy (i.e. akin to a used car salesman) - always putting the best possible spin (i.e. deception) on the industry so dummies can praise him

Bartlett said that, traditionally, the tourism sector has enjoyed one of the highest rates of labour of any segment of the economy, but many of the opportunities required low- to medium-level skills.
    I guess examples of "medium skill" tourism jobs would be Dunns River tour guides or Sandals Playmates

21st Century progress and prosperity led by tourism here we come!!
    Last edited by Don1; December 10, 2019, 10:40 AM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
    X