X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!!.......It's now official - Berhalter is the

new USMNT head coach.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...cer-head-coach

I remember Berhalter very well as a player.

He, Ernie Stewart , Sennah(sp?) et al were among the overseas contingent called up for important games.

As pointed out in the article, he did very well with the C.Crew.

Prior to the start of the MLS season, Berhalter wont the C. Crew won the preseason trophy.

Nice that Stewart is thinking all American.

I think I will give him my support.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I remember Berhalter very well as a player.

He, Ernie Stewart , Sennah(sp?) et al were among the overseas contingent called up for important games.

As pointed out in the article, he did very well with the C.Crew.

Prior to the start of the MLS season, Berhalter won the preseason trophy.

Nice that Stewart is thinking all American.

I think I will give him my support.

I know you views are coming shortly.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I'm hoping that he does very good, especially with the young talent pool he has.......My concern is with his lack of international experience. We had some knowledge, months ago, that he was a front-runner for the job, BUT I was hoping they would have hired someone like Louis van Gaal, as TD, to help guide Berhalter & the national program.......Stewart better be right on this decision, because there are a lot of people watching.......There are some soccer journalists and former & present players that say Berhalter is very good tactically (I guess you got to be, if you can make people think Zardes is better than he is), so we will see.

Comment

Saw last week that Julen Lopetegui & his agent contacted U.S. Soccer & Ernie Stewart about the USMNT head coaching job (October 30 or 31), and they were told that they were late & the position was filled.

Comment

USMNT & Berhalter's first games, in 2019, is: Panama (January 27, in Phoenix, AZ), and Costa Rica (February 2, in San Jose, CA).

Comment

Working...
            X