Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answers to some FAQs

1. I forgot my password

Solution : On the forums login page, in the bottom right hand corner, there is a link to "Request Your Password".

2. After I registered I didn't receive the validation/activation email.

Solution : If you go to the forums login page... in the bottom right hand corner there is a link to "Resend Validation Email".

3. I keep getting logged out of the forum even though I check the 'Remember Me' option when I log in.

Solution : Ensure that your browser is configured to accept cookies. If you still have this issue, please post a topic within the FAQ forum.

4. A line between your post and your signature can make the post and signature easier to read.
    When editing your signature just put the following in front of it (but take the spaces out between the brackets and letters.)

[ hr ]

Here is an example... I'll place this in front of my name to finish this post.. and I mean right in front of your signature... dont hit enter or anything (remember take the spaces out)

This is an example of how I would do it... but I put spaces in so the line doesn't actually show up.

[ hr ]My signature here

With the spaces removed a straight line would be seen.

5. Private Messages
    You can access your private messages from within the control panel -OR- click on the "#/# Messages" link... which is located right next to the control panel link (in the upper right of the forum)

6. How can I edit my personal information?
    In the upper right of the forum, click on the "Control Panel" link. Once in the control panel, there is a list of options down the left side of the page... Avatars, signatures, etc...

7. Subscribe to a Forum
    If you would like to be notified, when a new posting is created, within a certain forum, you can subscribe to that forum.

When a post is created in that forum, you will be sent an email, notifying you of that activity.

How?

1. Enter the forum, which you wish to subscribe to.
    2. In the upper right of the forum (in the forum header), you will see a 'Forum Options' link
    3. Click on that link
    4. A drop down menu will appear
    5. There will be a 'subscribe to forum' option, within that menu
    6. Clicking on that option, will subscribe you to that forum

You can manage all your subscriptions, in your 'Control Panel' which is always available towards the top of the forum.

8. Subscribe to a Topic
    If you would like to be notified, when a new response is made to a particular post, within a certain forum, you can subscribe to that topic.
    When you subscribe to a topic and a post is created in that topic, you will be sent an email, notifying you of that activity.

How?

1. Enter the forum and the topic to which you wish to subscribe.
    2. In the upper right of the forum (in the forum header), you will see a 'Topic Options' link
    3. Click on that link
    4. A drop down menu will appear
    5. There will be a 'Subscribe to Topic' option, within that menu
    6. If you wish to be notified by email when a new response is made to the thread, make that selection from the dropdown menu, then click "Subscribe".
    7. Clicking on that option, will subscribe you to that forum

You can manage all your subscriptions, in your 'Control Panel' which is always available towards the top of the forum.

9. How to use Emoticons

Solution: When entering test is you post, click on the particular emoticon you would like at that point in time. This will enter the emoticon code in the test field. If you us multiple emoticons together, add a space between each so the forum will properly interprit the code.

[b]10. How to use Message Icons.<
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

RE: Answers to some FAQs

Using RSS Service

What is RSS (Really Simple Syndication)?
    RSS or Really Simple Syndication is a useful tool for keeping updated on your favorite websites. RSS makes use of an XML code that constantly scans the content of a website for updates and then broadcasts those updates to all subscribers through a feed.

RSS feeds are typically used with news sites or blogs, although any website can use them to disseminate information. When an update is sent out, it includes a headline and a small amount of text, either a summary or the lead-in to the larger story. You will need to click a link to read more.

In order to receive RSS feeds, you must have an aggregator, a feed reader. There are a number of aggregators online, many of them free, so with a little bit of searching, you should be able to find an interface that appeals to you. In addition to being available on your computer, RSS feeds can also be read on PDAs and cell phones.

When you come across a website you would like to add to your aggregator, you can do so in one of two ways. Most sites that offer an RSS feed have an "RSS" or "XML" button on their homepage that you can click on and it will instantly add that feed to your aggregator. Depending on your aggregator, you may instead need to copy and paste the URL of the feed into the program.

By either method, the feed will be available as soon as you've added it, and your next update could arrive in seconds. If you ever decide that you don't want to receive updates anymore, you simply delete the feed or URL from your aggregator.

Perhaps you already receive information on website updates through some sort of e-mail newsletter. RSS feeds are preferable to newsletter updates because they are instantaneous; you don't have to wait until a designated day of the week to receive your summary. They will also never be held up by a spam filter.

RSS feeds are used daily by people who realize the convenience of up-to-the-minute news and reports and the time they can save reading only those updates that interest them, and they look to become even more popular in the future.

Some RSS readers (Free)

1. RSS Reader - http://www.rssreader.com/

2. Feed Reader - http://www.feedreader.com/

3. Omea Reader - http://www.jetbrains.com/omea/reader/
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Threaded or Non-Threaded View

Depending on your preference, you may like to view the forum in either threaded or non-threaded (Flat) modes. To switch to the view of choice, when you are logged in, if you are viewing a post, look to the upper right hand corner for the "Display Mode" link. Click on that link to display the modes of display.

The forum is se to display in threaded view by default, but if that is not your preference, you have the option to change it.

Comment

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl1_lblFullMessage>1. I forgot my password</SPAN>
        Tilla....any dumba$$ who forgets their password deserves to be locked out of the forum for life. Natural selection iyah. - T.K.
        No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Working...
        X