RBSC heading to FB!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBSC heading to FB!

There has been talk recently that the present site is dying.

I'm trying to find out if the remaining Forumites would be interested in moving the forum over to Facebook. It would be a closed group, so members/Forumites would have to be invited.

I know some of us don't use FB and have no intention to start, but, like the PNP, RBSC may need to renew itself from time to time to remain popular and relevant. Jamaica's football teams not helping us one bit, apart from Colour's U17, perhaps, so we have to do what we can for our survival.

Some of our former Forumites, like Portia, are active on FB. That just might be the way to go in 2016.

Opinions?

Look out for poll on this topic. Please participate!
    Yes
    19.23%
    No
    46.15%
    Only in addition to present site
    34.62%
    Don't care
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

I have been meaning to suggest exactly that for a while now as I think its the way to go if the forum is to have any chance of surviving.

I would support such a move.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Sounds good to me ,freedom of expression would be a gauranteed
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Me want change me vote to "Only in addition to present site"
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

It would be good for gaining more supporters but I doubt it can be that personal plus most can sneak a minute or two on this site but not on FB at work.

To be frank however it is the most logical step because if not it will not be growing around here anytime soon and most likely more local football will be discussed and more opinions.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

X, I'm a member of a closed group called Ball Talk. If you think RBSC administrators don't allow freedom of expression, trying violating their strict rules over there. You will be banned immediately without explanation. In fact, that individual has been denied membership in that group.

Don't expect to say whatever you like on any RBSC Forum.

Thanks for your opinion and for trying to observe forum rules.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

well that would be a wrap for me...i don't do facebook

Comment

If its a closed, invite-only group it should retain the same vibe as the forum here. Also people will have access on their mobile if they can't use it on their computer.

It won't solve all the isssues that have caused the drop in forum participation but I think there are more pros than cons to moving.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

For some of us, sites like FB would be blocked on their work computers. I do everything on my phone, however.

Some feel FB is more intrusive, that there is less privacy. I don't know whether that's true or not. I think all of the Internet is a giant safe where all our information is stored somewhere, even if we believe it was deleted. We need to be always cognizant of that "fact" when posting or emailing at all times!

Remember, the new RBSC would be a closed group where only members can participate. We would tailor it to what we want, to satisfy the majority. There will be rules that we expect all to follow. Posting articles and cross referencing stuff will be much improved, not to mention video.

For me, the advantages easily outweigh the negatives.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why did I hear something like a loud cheer off in the distance?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Not a fan of FB to be honest

Comment

Good for Ball talk ,you need to state what rules are violated when members post on football topics involving the individual ?

Based on the RBSC rules and guidelines ,you personal issue with Bullhead should not infringe on anyones right to post on football issues involving him.

You had no qualms when I posted the negatives about him faking his kidnapping in Mex and smuggling youths into europe do you ?
                        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Like i told you, the RBSC will not assist bullhead, or anyone else for that matter, in advancing his scams and agenda. It's for those reasons why he's persona non grata on many sites.

I have no problem exposing him for what he is.

This conversation on the matter is now closed, X. We've thrashed this it long enough and you know where I, along with the other administrators, on this.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                            Not a fan of FB to be honest
                            Neither me. I don't have a FB account and I never will until there are *real* assurances on privacy. I am in the tech industry, and I know what they do but sadly, not exactly sure how they get away with it. Y'all should be very careful trusting facebook and google...those are not companies that value your privacy or your rights. I'll give you a quick example of what scares me. I have two friends who were looking to start streaming videos for their church. I have google voice, and was speaking to them about it on my phone (they called my google voice number). I have never in my life NOT ONCE discussed streaming videos and church in the same breath. Days later, I went on to youtube and there - right in front of me - on the front page, were videos about how to set up streaming from church. That was not cool. I recommend you clear cookies and cache everyday both on your phone and PC. Jes' sayin.
                            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

the forum cannot exist without bricktop...

Comment

Working...
                              X