Jangle was looking at the Red Hills killing field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jangle was looking at the Red Hills killing field

and it hard to believe that area of Kingston/St.Andrews not so long ago had some of the best clubs in the land in Turn Table, Tit for Tat etc. We use to walk from club to club. My brethren them use to play their sound on the strip sometimes on weekend. Red hills Mall was the place to be. Some tasty Jerk use to be there on the corner.

Wow!! hard to believe how the place change.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

thanks to the authorities allowing informal settlements to take root...run wid it...the law is not a shackle...you get the picture

Comment

The Red Hills Road area has been in steady decline for over 20 years now. I remember in my last year living in JamDown when they had the big gas riots. The destruction to businesses in the area was heartrending. I remember when they broke the glass at the KFC and I think there was a BNS branch that moved out of the area. Sudine's hardware, a classmate of mine, had to move out. And you're right, the Turntable and Tit for Tat nightclubs were popping back in the days. I've said here before that many of the ghettos in Kingston need to be bulldozed and rebuilt using proper city management.

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      So I was in Kingston a few weeks ago. The last time I was there was back in 2007 and I only went to certain parts to visit some friends. This time around, I ended up driving along Spanish Town Road through Three Miles onwards to Mandela Highway. I was taken aback by the absolute desolation of the communities along the route. When I lived in Jamaica, Spanish Town Road was my daily route, and it was desolate then, but it looks worse now. It looked like a place out of a Terminator movie. You don't want to be there at nightfall.

Jamaica is devoid of good leadership. The collective leaders given the task to govern the country, in both parties, but moreso in the PNP, are devoid of any new ideas or will to move the country forward. It is painful to watch the progressive destruction of our country by these vultures. There are multitudes of opportunities available to move Jamaica forward, but they require the guidance and most importantly the will of the goverment to implement and see to fruition.

I have said it here many times before that the history of Kingston and with it being the capital of Jamaica, given her geographical location, makes it possible to be Jamaica's biggest foreign currency earner which can outstrip all of the other tourist locations combined. It requires proper development and the will and financial investment from the government.

Jamaica is one of the few places in the world where oceanview properties on prime land is overrun and littered with ghettos. The entire strip of land that runs along the Kingston Harbour would be considered prime property in a more advanced soceity.....not Jamaica. Rockfort, Rae Town, Downtown, Seaview Gardens, Riverton etc, are all prime properties which should have high-end homes and commercial activities. Kingston should be developed as the primary metropolis of the caribbean, starting with downtown and expanding east and west. There should be more hotel room being built. The potential of Kingston is extensive, but we are stuck with the reality of Portia "talking" about developing the innercity.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

The real question is what is this government plans to address the situation, blaming the previous administration while it feels good ,does nothing to alleviate the situation.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

goj has proposed buying out the squatters & getting the area popping again...but of course you bleeding hearts have an issue with that too...so the least productive of our society are able to dictate...

Comment

Now you care what the opposition thinks, is that the excuse , didnt stop the zones of special operations did it .
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
            X