RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Singapore - From Poverty to Prosperity via Smart Education..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore - From Poverty to Prosperity via Smart Education..

SINGAPORE SHOWS HOW KNOWLEDGE IS THE INESCAPABLE BASIS OF DEVELOPMENT

....and NOT....

* Building roads and ports (although important)

* Renting rooms, selling trinkets & pumpum to tourists (although especially key to backward countries like JA)

The DayWalking Vampiya (and others of that ilk) was a huge fan of Singapore. Tragically just not the education element of their success....Preferring division & political warfare. Hopefully Anju and all JA leaders have learned the appropriate lessons
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

You dont think political governance is intrinsically linked to their educational system,in fact every system ?

I cant see how we develop our social systems without tackling our political governance because the political dictates laws on corruption, management,business,health care ,messaging, ethical standards,quality of life,focus,direction etc ,that dictates everything else
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

It takes a smart, future-focused population to enable systemic change in my view. Or perhaps you're waiting on some political Messiah to do the job. Not me. Messiahs - if they emerge - tend to get destroyed or compromised by the shitstem

How does a society develop a relatively smart and logical citizenry? In the final analysis it comes down to education as the most reliable input for progress... in my opinion

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

History has shown that strong leaders are needed to implement change,Singapore had Lee Yew,his draw back was he was autocratic but clear as per the nations needs.I cant see Jamaica achieving that with out a visionary dynamic leader who is palpable to the masses needs and can maneuver the international geo business politics.

The other route would be a multi billionare who can do same for the nation behind the scene, twisting political arms.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

you forgot one key factor in singapore's success...the limiting of citizens' rights...funny how everybody always skips over that part...anyway carry on

Comment

I didnt I said he was autocratic, therefore a strong a leader is needed. Read my response.

Comment

we have a strong leader...unfortunately we also have a weak constitution...we need to make up our mind how "free" we want to be as citizens...

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                History has shown that strong leaders are needed to implement change,Singapore had Lee Yew,his draw back was he was autocratic but clear as per the nations needs.I cant see Jamaica achieving that with out a visionary dynamic leader who is palpable to the masses needs and can maneuver the international geo business politics.

The other route would be a multi billionare who can do same for the nation behind the scene, twisting political arms.
                Ok that’s a perspective. But I’m not into pipe dreams, so-so yapping or soon-coming Messiahs who will magically fix big problems

We should do the progressive things that we can NOW. Waiting and hoping for saviors doesn’t cut it

Comment

Agreed, so wi affi do it in our cultural economic reality, one-one cocoa(stem program) fill basket.

Because our educational system is screwed.Ask Ruel Reid.

Comment

The fact is anywhere there are strong middle class family education is better. Even in the states. Where someone in the family have a decent education they normally encourage their kids to do better.

We keep on talking about education but any statistic will show you that district, or parishes where education is more appreciated, kids do better regardless of the field. How do you expect kids to do well, without lunch or breakfast or eating Bulla or bun which is pure sugar and flour? How do you expect kids to do better skipping gunshot to school? I gurantee you if most Jamaican family had a decent income they have a better education.

Yes a better system is needed but it takes more than just a better system, a better society. We have to give family a better income, move some of those kids out of their unhealthy living to boarding schools where they are monitored and taught life skills.

Signapore invested in education but they invested in making a better society a long time ago and both goes hand it hand. That is why they flourish today.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

yes...but yuh putting the cart before the horse...in order to reform the education system (or anything else) in jamaica we're going to need the same brand of soft authoritarianism that made singapore the jewel it is today...a strong leader with solid plans being allowed a free hand for 30 years to build a country...if either party tried to reform a system in jamaica it would end up in front of the privy council...lee kwan yew had no such obstacles...so the question remains...would you give up the multitudes of rights that jamaicans possess if it meant having an efficient bureaucracy, a corruption-free government, clean air, safe streets, excellent schools, affordable healthcare, high home ownership, a murder rate of 0.2 cases per 100,000 and the third highest per capita income in the world?

Comment

We dont need to give up squat,1st thing is to find that leader who has charisma like Manley and can maneuver the local and international geo political business scene.

If Holness can lock up Im breeden Reid, by pushing a more anti corruption agenda i.e all im madda get notice, if she tief yuh aguh jail.Wi set.

Comment

you need to listen more & talk less...you're not listening...

Comment

He needs to act more and stop yapping.

Comment

he who? what are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                              X