No announcement yet.

JFF: Pennywise or Pound foolish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little before my father passed in JA, I found out that certain documentations were falsified to certain people's benefit. All I can say to you is if you think the USA is Jamaica you have a surprise coming to you.

Done talk.

Comment

In other words, yuh caan defen it, suh yuh a liad !
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Ah hear yuh boss. Mi done

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
          To be good at coding (where your code is in demand on the world stage) one has to be able to reason at high level. Imagine Ja being filled with a certain amount of coders. Corruption would be halted, the political landscape would have to change (no more curry goat and rum for votes) and lots more. Now figure out why STEM is not really pushed in Ja.
          I leave theorists to focus on why this or why that re education. Don't find that focus useful and regard it as a convenient excuse to do nothing. Any person with good sense knows why.

Re STEM education it's far more useful to find models that work in a backward environment like JA...and build relationships with progressive people to implement such projects.

Since the world is now networked education-related content can be delivered to any end-point. The limitations of school facilities, teachers, backward politicians, unions etc etc can be skirted by technology. When 5G & IOT come online in a few years access will be even more widespread.

The politics-dominated model of inadequate teachers delivering out-of-date rote instruction to students so they can sit archaic standardized tests - is dying. Following that model is a prescription for backwardness into infinity.

JA can conceivably have 30K-50K students trained online in basic software skills in <10 years by private efforts. That would be a start.

Waiting on government or politicians or the typical "educated" Jamaican to do anything significant in this area is futile. Waiting on others to act is how we end up with an economy focused on serving tourists, selling trinkets and the latest...hawking pumpum.

Time for a change.... Building our knowledge base is to match the time we're in is JOB #1. No ifs, ands or buts about it
          Last edited by Don1; June 10, 2019, 02:06 PM.
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

you see nothing xcept what you post and you will defend it to the end.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Clarify your statement, you said the JFF screwed up,where in this post did I say they did not ?

If you are trying to bring up past grievances because i have given the JFF credit for certain things,start a new post.Dont be so pretty,red eye and grudgeful because I am not as tribalistic as you and have the goodsense and ability to separate issues of credit and to post so lucidly.
              Last edited by Sir X; June 10, 2019, 03:09 PM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

You're a real CLOWN. What does Donovan, Klinsmann & MLS have to do with your wanting Bailey to represent Germany???
                You have an unhealthy obsession with Klinsmann & will invent stories to support his BS, even though he made team & national program decisions based on his personal biases, and continually contradicted himself, concerning him wanting the USMNT players playing in Europe, just to protect his pet players.

Comment

Boss I laud your efforts and intentions, but look what's going on at present (in Ja). Scholarships are being offered to many young people for school in the US. I'm talking about STEM majors. Will they return to Ja after living a certain life? (especially if they are educated on the East coast). I doubt it. Ja is in serious trouble for the long run.

I have to agree ; prostitution won't move Ja's economy (same can be said of gambling et al). It's as if the island is bankrupt of ideas. Criminal activities (forging, stealing , lying, murder et al) are on the rise though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                    Boss I laud your efforts and intentions, but look what's going on at present (in Ja). Scholarships are being offered to many young people for school in the US. I'm talking about STEM majors. Will they return to Ja after living a certain life? (especially if they are educated on the East coast). I doubt it. Ja is in serious trouble for the long run.

I have to agree ; prostitution won't move Ja's economy (same can be said of gambling et al). It's as if the island is bankrupt of ideas. Criminal activities (forging, stealing , lying, murder et al) are on the rise though.
                    Good points. When we get kids on the scitech path they do have more options...including migration. But we still have to try.

JA doesn't have an enabling environment for scitech so many will depart as there is little interest in building knowledge industries. Just look at what economic activities people in JA get excited about - mainly tourist arrivals and new hotels.

If you talk about JA building brainpower as have successful small countries like Singapore, Israel etc?? Nothing but blank stares - and advice to focus on attracting tourists and building hotels

It's the "educated" people in JA who are the problem. Educated yet still backward

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Could it be the problem with the "educated" people is that,they are educated to keep us in the same place ?

Thats a serious question.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                        Could it be the problem with the "educated" people is that,they are educated to keep us in the same place ?

Thats a serious question.
                        Agreed. The common term for the phenomenon is BRAINWASHED

Excessive assimilation of Babylon belief systems - from birth to the present - will do it every time. That brainwashing produces an inability to see Black people much beyond the servants or entertainers they constantly observe us performing as in the Babylon movies, TV etc that they love

A very difficult problem to fix when folks get too old. Wi a try ketch dem young before dem get totally corrupted.

Trying now to get STEM models at the primary and pre-primary levels since the secondary level jump off arreddy - TOOT!! TOOT!!!

Comment

Stuart Hall : Racism in the media comes to mind where these coded images are subtle and explicitedly ideologically broadcasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                            Stuart Hall : Racism in the media comes to mind where these coded images are subtle and explicitedly ideologically broadcasted.
                            Yep we have to be aware of the indoctrination we receive in our sub-conscious from Babylon media. Think of the uncountable millions of negative images of Black people Babylon produces & reproduces at any given moment....from birth to death.

Evidence of this brainwashing abounds

Comment

Hold on deh. Jawge, the king of the salt mine, making sense? Whappen bredrin?
                              "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Working...
                              X