RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football: The ungrateful and unreasonable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football: The ungrateful and unreasonable.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...-side-football
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

"Yah" sure. This writer must be your friend. Yes/no?

The writer has "used to", then parallels are drawn between EPL teams and high school teams? I can see the effects of cancelling the common entrance. Whilst I'm for high schools all across the island; I think the traditional "highs" should have been kept as specialized high schools (with the common entrance exam as a means of entry).

BTW do you think the high schools in Ja should invest heavily in the math Olympiad?

Comment

‘Common Entrance’ ... that’s taking me down memory lane ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I passed Common Entrance with my first try, (so what I will be saying isn't in the vein of sour grapes),but it can't be an ideal indicator of a child's educationbdevelopment.I may as well slept through the junior forms(justvmaking it) and only buckled down when CXC and GCE were lurking around the corner.
        It is possible some of those students from non-traditional high schools whoi achieved impressive passes on the whole would have failed the Common Entrance Exams.

Comment

Wha diss bredda Jawge really ah say bout common entrance and "traditional schools" does he have a clue .

Kissteeth.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Yes it does but now with the info age (internet and all) common entrance is relevant. In the industrial age or two decades back (more) it was sending young boys to crime. Ja's economy needs it now.

Comment

Read over what I

wrote in my post

Comment

I can understand your disdain for the common entrance

Comment

After yuh nuh understand it .Next thing yuh say all youth wid Irish name and who black and believe dem handsome nuh qualified fi tek di exam.

2nd did you know when the common entrance was in effect the " traditional " boys schools were some of the worst academically.

Now explain yuh common entrance statement...lol

Comment

2 decades ago it was sending young boys to crime now it's relevant in the info age ? ...lol

For the " traditional" schools,so girls are excluded ?

The non traditional schools did better academically like Ardenne,and we are still doing better now.

....lol.The problem with the boys schools is the majority of the students are from the poor neighbourhoods.They start from a social disadvantage which affects their education e.g if the child is hungry how can he study,if he has no clothes why come to school,if their neighborhood is under violence leaving and going to school is a struggle,plus the basics of electricity to study and water to bathe.

So giving them modern technology at school isn't solving the larger problem.

.....lol.Disss bredda ead nuh good.
                    Last edited by Sir X; December 2, 2018, 04:15 AM.

Comment

What is wrong with you? Where is your comprehension skills?

Comment

Irish Name? Is this why you think that you are of Irish descent? 95% percent of Jakans carry English names. Now you go figure why it's that way. Btw is the above the same reasoning you used to determined that the earth is flat? Careful at the edge?

Comment

Baffled by your statements,hence further questions are asked for you to clarify your nonsense.

Comment

Of course it's going to baffle you (flat earther)

Comment

Hombre mek some sense , posting an article on the linguistic influence of the Irish in reference to Gamma's post does not make one Irish.

If that's the case so is Gamma!

Yuh ead nuh righted.To put it bluntly you are an idiot.
                              Last edited by Sir X; December 2, 2018, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X