Highlights from the 2016 RSPL final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlights from the 2016 RSPL final

OJ, Brush and others, the fight to give the RSPL some respect continues. I see some setting their ridahs on fire because of Leicester's victory. Count me out!!!

These are the goals from the final on Sunday:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P91bw14vWOY

And the wonderfully taken goal by Omar Gordon in the semifinal. I understand now why Brush was so upset with MBU releasing the talented player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSnl_SuvGK4

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Mo come on stop being so mischievous. You know that most of the posters on here are based N.America. At one time in the states, one could not get any soccer games. Now EPL is on NBC plus Fox coming in with other leagues (even S.American)

Mo how does RSPL clubs fare against the MLS clubs in the regional club competitions? When Ja local clubs can handle the DC uniteds and the Lagalaxys plus the Tolucas and the Cruz Azuls; then it's time for the Barcas, Reals Chelsea, Manus and Bayerns to come calling.

Learn to creep before you walk Mo.

Quick question: How many clubs in the RPSL have a separate coach for the goal keeper?

Oh BTW, congrats Leicester City Congrats to MBU too

Comment

Any thoughts on the goals?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Wonderful strikes!

How was the other 85+ minutes?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The entire match is on YouTube.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Full Match -

https://youtu.be/TnGMFoSikFs
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

As you were posting I was watching...and testing for putting

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              The entire match is on YouTube.
              ...up the url.
              Please see - https://youtu.be/TnGMFoSikFs

Comment

Karl that's the 2015 season. I hope they put up the 2016 which was played some days ago

Comment

good technique on the long distance shot.Can these goals be produced if
                  if a MLS champ comes calling or a champ from the Mexican league? This way
                  one can really gauge the RSPL.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    OJ, Brush and others, the fight to give the RSPL some respect continues. I see some setting their ridahs on fire because of Leicester's victory. Count me out!!!

These are the goals from the final on Sunday:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P91bw14vWOY

And the wonderfully taken goal by Omar Gordon in the semifinal. I understand now why Brush was so upset with MBU releasing the talented player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSnl_SuvGK4
                    I don't know if you are being disingenuous or what but the league has to be respected at home first for it to gain respect anywhere else. And that respect starts with the stakeholders, i.e., clubs and their representatives.

Comment

Mo is using guilt and patriotism in order to gain support for the RSPL. Mo should be focusing more on quality. Ja's league is yet to mature as majority posters here are tied to high school football.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                        if a MLS champ comes calling or a champ from the Mexican league? This way
                        one can really gauge the RSPL.
                        Jawge you know I have maximum respect for you but I have to disagree on this one. I take the position that the RSPL is judged on its ability to develop players and move them on to the next level. I actually think under the circumstances they have done a really good job. Comparing them to the top two leagues in the region based on head to head isn't a genuine comparison imho. It's how they stack up to other developmental leagues where their true value is measured.. I think there are many things wrong with our football but our local league is not one of them. Warts and all the RSPL moves Jamaican players on to bigger leagues at an impressive rate. I think when you look at it from that angle they deserve praise. Just my two cents. You can buy a patty and cocoa bread wid it if yu want.
                        No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
                          Jawge you know I have maximum respect for you but I have to disagree on this one. I take the position that the RSPL is judged on its ability to develop players and move them on to the next level. I actually think under the circumstances they have done a really good job. Comparing them to the top two leagues in the region based on head to head isn't a genuine comparison imho. It's how they stack up to other developmental leagues where their true value is measured.. I think there are many things wrong with our football but our local league is not one of them. Warts and all the RSPL moves Jamaican players on to bigger leagues at an impressive rate. I think when you look at it from that angle they deserve praise. Just my two cents. You can buy a patty and cocoa bread wid it if yu want.
                          I always thought you, T.K., were smarter than most on this site. This is further proof.

Brush wants the RSPL to compete with perhaps the MLS or the Mexican league, or some other big league around the world.

The fact is not all leagues are alike or serve the same purpose. For instance, some leagues, like the Eredivisie, have long recognised that they are not the La Ligas of the world, that their role is to develop players and sell them on to the real La Ligas (shouldn't that be Las Ligas, Peter R?).

That's why superstars such as Luis Suarez, Zlatan, Seedorf, Davids and Kluivert, all from Ajax, and Gullit, Romario, Ruud van and Robben from PSV have all moved on to become mega superstars in the real big leagues of the world.

Consider the career of Jozy Altidore. He moved promisingly from the NY Red Bulls to Villareal but found the going rough. AZ Alkmaar snapped him up and converted him into a lethal striker. With high hopes, Sunderland signs him after two years with AZ. (What happened since is not germane to the topic at hand. )

Fact is all these Dutch clubs saw superstar status in these players and never sought to hold them back so as to “be respected at home first (in order to) gain respect anywhere”.

Now, the RSPL is clearly not at the same level as the Eredivisie as a developmental league. But at least I think we generally recognize our role as a developmental league. Compare us to the MLS that has not come to the realization that they are one too. Instead, they hold on unnecessarily to some players who could move to Europe for good money. And that’s where they would get their respect, rather to be known as the graveyard of former greats. Happily, I think the USL does recognize its role in this football business.

Meanwhile, Indy Eleven is elated to have Omar Gordon who won four individual awards at the RSPL awards ceremony a couple nights ago — the Most Valuable Player; Tony Burrowes Award; Overall Top Scorer and Top Scorer for the Third Round and $350,000 for his magnificent season.

I think that’s how the RSPL gains respect.

Thanks, T.K.!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Again, the growth of the league does not necessitate that we get on the same level as the MLS or the Mexican league. Would you agree that a player employed in the Mexican league or MLS earns a livable wage? My dream is that the RSPL get to a point where those good enough to play at that level in Jamaica can earn a livable wage for themselves and their family.

The MLS not seeing themselves as a development is not detrimental to them or soccer in America. Twenty years ago they were struggling to find investors and now they fighting off people who are willing to pay at least $100,000,000.00 to join their league.

Of course I am not suggesting that we will ever get to that level. However, the MLS got to that level because they respected themselves and their true worth.

There is nothing wrong with being a development league. Outside of the EPL and La Liga, an argument can be made that all other leagues around the world may be considered as is. However, the value of the players leaving these "development leagues" can be dictated by what value those respective leagues put on their league and/or players.

Comment

Brush, Brush, you spoiled the fun. I was about to ask if Ja's league is a developmental league what would Mo and TK call the Brasilian, Argentinian, Uruguayan et al league?

See TK came and shifted the goal post, Mo took it and ran with it. AT the same time Mo claiming himself and TK being an elite few in terms of mind on the site. Mo and TK now left a backdoor (which you closed) where Ja did not have to be accountable for a loss against MLS or any C.American team. Why ? Ja is a developmental league and not to be measured in terms of quality. Mo's initial argument was that the site was paying too much attention to the leagues in Europe and not Ja. Mo living here in the states; one doesn't get these games for free (especially La Liga) one has to pay the cable Co.s Now if you claim you are running a semi rec league, you seriously want my money? When some one spends they start think quality Mo.

There is no excuse for the sub standard football in the region. Ja cannot support a quality league by itself. You need a regional league; hence players will then to learn how to play under travelling conditions.

Missed opportunity; Ja should have opened a franchise in the MLS a decade ago. I think in time, with the US superior marketing ability; it will surpass the EPL.

Brush do not waste time with TK and Mo about developmental league. It's just a distraction for not being accountable in working hard to give quality. One must sit watch because it's Ja yuh bawn land and not Europe.

Comment

Working...
                              X